Gameplay Designer - BioWare
17 days ago
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Senior Gameplay Designer to join our team!!
- Responsible for developing, and tuning the overall game feel of the Character, Camera, and Controls.
- Take ownership of the Camera system and control set for a Next-Gen Action RPG.
- Work closely with the Lead Player Designer to help develop and implement the overall plan for the 3C design.
- Work with animators, engineers, and designers to ensure responsive character movement, intuitive controls, and immersive gameplay that is dynamic and fun.
- Take ownership of the design and implementation of core player character mechanics, controls, and camera.
- Set up and tune the final game cameras and controls.
- Meet with the game design team to discuss progress, tackle setbacks, find solutions, share experience, provide and implement feedback, etc.
- Adapt to technical and production constraints & participate in finding solutions to fix buggy features.
- Keep up to date on best practices to develop your skills and refresh your knowledge.
- A highly innovative and collaborative spirit.
- Exceptional problem-solving, organizational, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Critical thinking, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility.
- A solid understanding of the market and a (fiery) passion for video games.
- Have a well-versed understanding of game and player mechanics across multiple genres.
- Excellent mentorship capabilities & a whole lot of empathy.
- Knowledge of visual scripting languages used in modern game engines.
- In-depth experience with game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal), productivity software (word processors, spreadsheets, etc.) & familiarity with project management software (e.g. Jira).