Gameplay Camera Specialist
5 days ago
What you’ll do
- In collaboration with the game director, creative director and level design director, develop the style, needs and role of the cameras in the overall game experience;
- Design and implement the system that will support the cameras used according to the style, needs and constraints of the given game type;
- Implement a camera system to ensure comfort in the character's controls while taking into account his interaction with the environment;
- Accompany the level/game designers in the use of specific cameras for the different ingredients used in order to allow the player to better live the game experience;
- Work with the programmers to develop the right tools and ensure the proper functioning of the cameras;
- Work with the level design project manager, game director and/or creative director to ensure that the guidelines are respected;
- Assist, if needed, the animators to animate the cameras for the cinematics;
- Correct camera bugs entered in the database by the testers;
- Perform all other related tasks.
What you bring
- Education in the field of video games or any other equivalent training;
- Experience in the field of video games or any other relevant experience;
- Experience in broadcasting or film (asset);
- Ability to work well in a team;
- Ability to work well with multidisciplinary teams;
- Good knowledge of video games;
- Good understanding of the 3Cs (Camera, Control, Character);
- Knowledge of game engine or 3D software;
- Artistic vision;
- Ability to define priorities;
- Critical and analytical skills;
- Structured and rigorous;
- Be user-oriented;
- Have a 3D spatial sense.
*Skills and knowledge come in many forms and can be based on relevant experience, so we strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet all the requirements listed above.
What to send us
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, skills and a portfolio of your achievements.
Working at Ubisoft means
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer, where diversity is a priority. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or health status.
With a team of more than 500 creative, passionate and innovative talents, Ubisoft Quebec continues to grow and expand. Founded in 2005, the Quebec City studio has carved out a place for itself among the leaders in the video game industry. Involved in several of Ubisoft's flagship franchises, it has acquired solid expertise, positioning it in the development of major AAA games. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec City team has assumed leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Immortals Fenyx Rising as well as the new crossover stories of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Valhalla.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.