Gameplay Camera Specialist
Québec City Québec ca
14 days ago
The incumbent is responsible to develop the camera work used to highlight the key elements of the game during gameplay sequences.
The main and routine tasks of this position are to:
- Work in collaboration with the game director, creative director and level design director to develop the style, needs and role of the cameras in the overall game experience;
- Design and implement the system that will support the cameras according to the style, needs and constraints of the game type;
- Implement a camera system to ensure comfort in character control while accounting for the character’s interactions with the environment;
- Support level/game designers with specific cameras for the elements used in the game to enhance the gaming experience;
- Work with programmers to develop the right tools and ensure proper camera operations;
- Have the level design project manager, game director and/or creative director validate the work to ensure it remains in line with the guiding principles;
- Assist animators who animate cameras for kinematics whenever necessary;
- Correct the camera bugs that testers enter in the database;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
College diploma in video game level design and production or equivalent.
Minimum 3 years’ experience in game level design or production or game design or other relevant experience.
Experience in broadcasting or film an asset.
Skills and knowledge:
- Capacity to work effectively in teams;
- Solid knowledge of game and level design;
- Solid understanding of 3Cs;
- Artistic sense an asset;
- Ability to set priorities;
- Critical sense and analytical skills;
- Structure and rigour;
Send us your CV, cover letter and your portfolio !
“ With a team of more than 500 talented, innovative and passionate creators, Ubisoft Quebec keeps on growing and continues its ascension. Founded in 2005, the studio has been involved in several key Ubisoft franchises over the years, developing cutting-edge expertise in major AAA game development.
Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec team recently assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, the latest installment in the critically acclaimed series. The team is currently working on a brand new game, Immortals Fenyx Rising, slated for release on December 3rd 2020. ”