17 days ago
That's No Moon is an independent studio of storytellers and game-makers who believe in the power of narrative-driven experiences. With a diverse team of talented developers, from some of the top game studios in the world (Naughty Dog, Infinity Ward, Bungie), our shared vision is to create the future of AAA experiences with a culture of creativity, collaboration, and responsible production practices. Our passionate team of developers help shape our studio, our projects, and our future.
We are looking for a Gameplay Animator with a passion for creating incredible animations for a AAA title. The animation will be of the highest quality and in-game functionality. The Gameplay Animator will collaborate with other departments and key roles such as the Gameplay Animation Director, Lead Gameplay Animator, Gameplay Design, Animation Engineering, Tech Art and Motion Capture Stage. This role will support gameplay mechanics and contribute to the unified goal of crafting animations that are functional, responsive, fluid and will tie into cinematics and story.
- Create and integrate AAA quality gameplay animations that reflect the game design goals and mechanics
- Use motion capture effectively and hand-key appropriately
- Work closely with the Lead or Senior Animator, engineering and design to support animation systems such as motion matching
- Collaborate with the animation team to make sure cinematics and gameplay are cohesive
- Work at the highest level, technically and aesthetically
- Be proactive, assist with troubleshooting animation workflow, rigging and pipeline issues
- Effectively connect with animators, engineers and design, to give and accept feedback
- Exercise standard methodologies in animation
Requirements & Skills:
- Proven experience working with motion capture data and hand-key animation in the game industry
- Ability to work in all aspects of animation including biped, quadruped and vehicles
- Demo reel showing a solid understanding of animation principles, while including gameplay
- Experience in specific gameplay animation editing including blending, cycles and layering
- Working knowledge of Maya
- Knowledge and ability to integrate gameplay animation in engine
- A passion for making games and the enthusiasm to make the best
- Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility in switching tasks to accommodate production priorities
- Ability to appreciate other department's perspectives
- Maintain integrity and confidence while working in a fast-paced environment
- Approachable and respected member of the team
- Team oriented with a desire to assist other animators
- Promote inclusivity, diversity and fairness
- Practice patience and be open to giving and receiving feedback
TNM considers a number of factors when determining each role's base pay range, including industry benchmarks, location, experience, and other job specific skills. In addition to base pay, this role may be eligible for other incentive compensation including equity and profit share. The estimated base pay range for this role is U.S. only and not applicable for locations outside of the U.S.
TNM offers competitive and comprehensive benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, unlimited PTO, supplemental life and disability, and more. Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part-time or temporary employees.
The estimated base pay range for this role is: $81,000 - $108,000
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
That's No Moon is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.