Carlsbad, California, United States
11 days ago
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is looking for talented Animators who possess a passion for in-game animation at our beautiful studio in Carlsbad, California . If you are interested in building ground-breaking animation systems within a creative and unconstrained environment, please get in touch. Animators with technical, problem-solving skills are especially encouraged to apply.
WHAT WE DO
- We create open-world gameplay mechanics that are used to make immersive experiences.
- We work as a global animation team to collaborate on player experiences.
- We use motion capture to prototype new systems, direct talent and fine-tune the results with code and design.
- We participate in multi-discipline gameplay reviews, ensuring animation data is responsive and implemented with a strong consideration of technical and gameplay constraints.
- We encourage ownership and creativity where everyone’s voice is heard.
- Work closely with animators and programmers to devise, implement, and debug animation systems and gameplay mechanics.
- Collaborate with the Animation, Code and Design Leads, to achieve the perfect balance between animation fidelity and gameplay responsiveness.
- Verify the quality of the animations integrated into the game by playing regularly.
- Contribute to the set-up and maintenance of the animation pipeline, and be proactive with its improvement.
- Involvement in motion capture shoots.
- Self-motivated and willing to get involved in wider areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art/Animation or equivalent experience.
- Outstanding demo reel.
- Experience using a major animation package (eg Maya, Motionbuilder, etc).
- Positive, solution-orientated individual, with a deep-rooted interest in video games, and game development.
- Ability to debug and develop animation systems, including blend trees and state machines.
- Skill in animating the human figure to create realistic character animations.
- An understanding of development issues in getting animations into a game.
- Bring innovation and resolution to technical problems and challenges throughout production.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to work closely with Artists, Designers and Programmers.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Practical knowledge of programming languages (Python, C# / C++, etc.).
- Practical experience using parametric blend spaces, motion trees or state machines.
- Knowledge of commercial game engines such as Unity or Unreal Engine.
- Experience with MotionBuilder and working with motion capture data.
- Willingness to travel to our other global studios.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.