This job might no longer be available.
8 days ago
Do you love squeezing out every single drop of personality from character with realistic or outsized animations while keeping a sharp eye to readability, crispness, and emotion. Do you prefer stylized fantasy worlds where you really push what’s possible, not held back by the super realistic physics or typical human constraints. You have a flair for creativity, and a core understanding of core animation elements such as weight, anticipation, and impact.
- Creating stunning animations that are fluid and responsive, and readable for gameplay
- Iterate frequently based on your intuitions as a player, feedback from playtesters, and from the team itself
- Contribute to the formation of our animation pipeline
- Contributing design ideas for our first prototypes, everyone on our team will help shape the games we build as a studio beyond their primary responsibility.
- 3+ years experience in the games, film, or television industry where you focused on character and object animation.
- Strong understanding of the principals of motion
- Solid grasp of performance requirements and constraints related to games played on mobile/PC.
- Knowledge of industry trends in terms of pipeline development
- Strong knowledge of industry standard tools used for animation (3DS Max, Maya, MotionBuilder etc.)
Essential Teamwork Skills:
- Effective working autonomously. We’re still small, but even as we get larger we don’t plan on having someone look over your shoulder every day; we want you to feel comfortable allocating your time wisely and making good on your commitments.
- Strong analytical skills that aid in understanding and articulating what makes games great.
- Excited to work as part of a small knit team, and your teammates are excited to work with you.
- Genuine ambition and excitement to rise to the challenge of trying to help us take on the titans of the industry.
- A passion and love for games.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with & providing feedback to an outsource studio.
- Experience with modern game engines (Unreal/Unity)
- Experience making assets for mobile
Things you don’t need:
- A fancy big name studio on your resume. We care far more about your personal competency and potential, not where you’ve worked.
- A degree (unless needed for immigration) - some of the best creatives we’ve ever worked with never finished school.
- Dental/Vision/Pharmacare coverage. Canada has universal health care, so you and your family will be covered by OHIP.
- Open paid-time-off policy with 2 week minimum enforced by the company. We trust you to take time off when you need it.
- Competitive salaries (benchmarked to Canada) that value your experience and dedication.
- Stock options in an early stage startup. We want you to be motivated to stick with us for the long haul.
- Annual game stipend. We can all learn so much from new games coming out.
Odyssey Interactive is a Canadian Game Development studio formed around the mantra of building "Games you Live". We believe that the best games are the ones you think about long after you put them down, that help you feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself, and that you believe you can invest in for years to come.
We're on a mission to build games with the same emotional potential as the games we fell in love with growing up, but designing them with a mobile first mindset. We believe the next generation of gamers is going to the be most connected, the most diverse, and the most relentlessly driven generation this world has ever seen - and for them phones aren't just a tool, they're an extension of their body. We believe they deserve the same quality of games that we feel in love with so many years ago.
The founding team is comprised of 4 former leads from Riot Games where we led teams such as a the League of Legends Balance Team, the League of Legends Champion Design team, and the development of Teamfight Tactics - and are excited to try to build a world class studio with an awesome team...a team that you could be a part of!