Gameplay Animator: Animals
27 days ago
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
The gameplay animation team specializes in locomotion for humans and animals, traversal, vehicles, and conversation systems to name a few. If you are passionate about animation and interested in building ground-breaking animation systems within a creative and unconstrained environment, please get in touch. Candidates with technical, problem-solving skills are especially encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Bangalore.
WHAT WE DO
- We create open-world gameplay mechanics that are used to make immersive experiences.
- We work as a global animation team to collaborate on player experiences.
- We use our onsite motion capture facilities to prototype new systems, directing talent and fine-tuning the results with code and design.
- We participate in multi-discipline gameplay reviews, ensuring animation data is responsive and implemented with a strong consideration of technical and gameplay constraints.
- We encourage ownership and creativity where everyone’s voice is heard
- Work closely with the wider animation team to produce natural, nuanced and believable animation sets for our Gameplay mechanics.
- Verify the quality of the animations integrated into the game by playing regularly.
- Implement, troubleshoot and debug animation systems.
- Help improve animation pipelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art/Animation or equivalent experience.
- Outstanding demo reel demonstrating experience working with gameplay systems.
- At least one shipped game.
- Advanced knowledge in one of: 3D Studio Max, MotionBuilder, or equivalent 3D program.
- Exceptional skill in animating human and animals.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work closely with Artists, Designers and Programmers.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work in a self-directed manner and make timely, well-thought out decisions.
- Strong understanding of development issues involved in getting animations into a game.
- Positive, solution-oriented individual with a passion for game development.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Practical knowledge of programming languages (Python, C# / C++, etc.).
- Knowledge of commercial game engines such as Unity or Unreal Engine.
- Expertise in MotionBuilder and working with motion capture data.
- Professional experience developing third-person action games.
- Willingness to travel to our other global studios.
- AAA experience a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar India recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.