Gameplay Analyst, Global Competition Operations
Santa Monica, CA, United States
6 days ago
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a Game Analyst that would be responsible for aggregating and gathering data, developing tools to analyze data, performing in depth complex analysis, and collaborating with other groups to determine key data points and learnings that can be used to improve playability and drive growth.
You will be part of the Product team and work closely with Analytics, Broadcast, Web & Mobile, and Game teams. You should have the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment yet be able to drive your own projects independently. Strong game knowledge is a must, as well as experience in data modeling and analytics.
- Lead strategic analysis focused on identification, evaluation, and execution of opportunities to improve game play and viewer experience.
- Sift through large piles of data to identify key data points and determine best use scenarios
- Aggregate and analyze match data from the competitive esports matches to provide deep analysis on player performance, strategy, and overall balance of the game.
- Translate recommendations into efficient action plans for senior management and department leaders
- Partner with various internal teams to analyst data for product improvement
- Superior communications, presentation, and facilitation skills: must have the ability to structure a concise, clear presentation of findings, based on large sets of complex data, and effectively present this to any level in the organization.
- Collaborate with the broadcast, video, and editorial teams to create data driven storylines and content opportunities.
- Provide game studios with competitive match analysis to aid in game balance at the highest-level play, including insights into weapons, equipment, maps, and more.
- Collaborate with technical product teams across the organization to build and improve internal systems for gathering and analyzing data, in addition to user facing products that focus on match data.
- Assist team organizations with data and reports that allow them to better analyze their players in addition to scout new talent across the league.
- 5+ years in Esports analytics and statistics gathering.
- Experience with professional analytics of esports statistics is a plus
- Experience with statistical modeling
- Great communications skills to communicate and distill finer analytical
- Provide analysis on players and team strategy, as well as tackle larger research projects.
- High-level statistics training and experience
- Recording statistics as events happen
- Keeping up to date on changes in statistical scoring
- Knowledge of esports statistic gathering best practices.
- A passion of gaming and gaming culture
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Resume (PDF is preferred)
- Cover Letter which should include:
Why you are interested in working in Blizzard Broadcasting