This job might no longer be available.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
14 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
Skillz is pioneering the competitive mobile gaming experience, leveraging its patented technology to power over two billion esports tournaments a year. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports leagues and franchises.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who we’re looking for:
Do you want to be part of a team that’s securing the competitive integrity of a rapidly growing eSports platform? Are you someone with an eye for detail that is interested in preventing fraudulent activity? Do you like testing apps and playing games as part of your job? We’re looking for someone with strong investigative skills who is passionate about ensuring our players are receiving their winnings in a timely manner.
What You Will Do:
- Investigate reported cheaters, exploits, and other behavior that affects our games
- Use data to make informed decisions regarding suspicious accounts
- Support fellow team members by providing detailed information regarding gameplay investigations
- Identify and escalate issues/bugs as needed to appropriate party
- Completing ad hoc projects to support the Trust and Safety team
- 1 + years of support experience
- Experience working with a helpdesk ticketing system
- High attention to detail
- Mature and self-motivated with a positive, professional attitude
- Effective Collaborator - Works well with teammates and contributes ideas for team growth
- Willingness to work weekends
- Experience in gaming or risk prevention a plus
Please note that this position will start as a 12 month contract.
Due to COVID, this opening is currently remote and eligible to anyone in the Las Vegas area. Attendance in office will be required in 2021 (or when safe to do so).
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status or disability status.