This job might no longer be available.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
10 days ago
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 20,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host billions of casual esports tournaments for 30 million players worldwide.
Last year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who we’re looking for:
Do you want to be part of a team that’s securing the competitive integrity of a rapidly growing eSports platform? Are you someone with an eye for detail that is interested in preventing fraudulent activity? Do you like testing apps and playing games as part of your job? We’re looking for someone with strong investigative skills who is passionate about ensuring our players are receiving their winnings in a timely manner.
What You Will Do:
- Investigate reported cheaters, exploits, and other behavior that affects our games
- Use data to make informed decisions regarding suspicious accounts
- Support fellow team members by providing detailed information regarding gameplay investigations
- Identify and escalate issues/bugs as needed to appropriate party
- Completing ad hoc projects to support the Trust and Safety team
- 1 + years of support experience
- Experience working with a helpdesk ticketing system
- High attention to detail
- Mature and self-motivated with a positive, professional attitude
- Effective Collaborator - Works well with teammates and contributes ideas for team growth
- Willingness to work weekends
- Experience in gaming or risk prevention a plus
Please note that this position will start as a 12 month contract.
Due to COVID, this opening is currently remote and eligible to anyone in the Las Vegas area. Attendance in office will be required in 2021 (or when safe to do so).
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status or disability status.