Reporting To: QA Manager
Department: QA & Localization
Location: East Point, Dublin, Ireland
Activision Dublin is currently recruiting for Spanish Localisation QA Testers.
- All positions are fixed term, full time hours (35 hours)
- Contract duration may vary (approximately 6 months) with an opportunity for extension
- Various Shifts available (Mon-Fri or 4 day on 4 day off)
This is a phenomenal time to Activision. Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favourite thing about it, and they’ll tell you, it’s the people. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance.
We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn’t come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together.
Activision is more than just the top tier developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, and Spyro.
Localisation Dublin was established in 2007 and is located 2.3km from Dublin City Centre in East Point Business Park. As a team we handle the Project Management and Quality Assurance of our phenomenal games from English to 14 different languages globally. Our purpose is to ensure that the localised version of a game meets the highest quality standards before being released. At our location you can expect to work with colleagues from all across the world.
- Test each project assigned to identify localisation and functional bugs.
- Review language components (e.g. Text & Audio files) before integration.
- Identify and detail defects in a clear and concise manner using the designated bug tracking database
- Complete regression/verification testing daily.
- Provide ad-hoc translations.
- Other duties assigned as the need arises
Knowledge & Skills
- Fluent or Bilingual language skills in Spanish
- Good level of written and spoken English
- Enjoy playing video games on a variety of platforms including PC, Console and Mobile
- Previous experience in QA or a linguistic role is a plus – but not required as you will get full training
- Second level education (High School) or equivalent is required
- Third level education in languages a distinct advantage
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Eagerness to Learn
- Analytical Skills
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org .