Game Systems Engineer | Halo Infinite
13 days ago
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite , connect players across platforms in Minecraft , unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena . SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite , projects in the Minecraft Universe , supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena , and original title, Stela . As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
SkyBox Labs is looking for experienced Game Systems Engineers to help grow and maintain the full Halo Infinite experience on PC. As part of our growing team, you’ll collaborate and contribute to solving interesting and complex challenges related to the development of AAA games on PC. Generalist game software engineers with a background in systems would excel on this team!
- Write technical design proposals and highly performant code for the implementation of new features to support PC client
- Work within a distributed development environment to build a first class PC game experience
- Develop and debug on a variety of PC configurations
- Push the boundaries of what you know by learning new technologies and systems to meet our technical and business needs
- Guide, mentor and contribute to the feedback process to improve the development team and our relationship with our partners
- 2+ years of professional software development with strong modern C++ experience
- Experience with multiple systems, such as memory allocation, input, asset management and/or online
- Experience working in game development OR shipping applications on PC experience
- Strong debugging skills
- A commitment to self-direction, collaboration and constant improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Experience shipping a AAA title on PC
- Experience with anti-cheat or security solutions
- Experience working on competitive multiplayer games
- Experience shipping games released through online distribution services
- Experience with graphics pipelines & rendering techniques
- Experience integrating 3rd party applications into games
- A passion for games!
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 200 person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada, with plans to a return in a hybrid capacity in 2022. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.