Game Studio Accounting Manager
13 days ago
’s leading marketing software provides mobile app developers a powerful set of solutions to grow their mobile apps. AppLovin’s technology platform enables developers to market, monetize, analyze and publish their apps. The company’s first-party content includes over 200+ popular, engaging apps and its technology brings that content to millions of users around the world. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto, California with several offices globally.
AppLovin is a Certified Great Place to Work, one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019, 2020 and 2021, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
This role is an integral part of the Accounting Organization, ensuring we can provide timely and accurate accounting statements to our management team as part of the monthly close process. You’ll support various business initiatives, (such as working with the team to help integrate new subsidiaries into our Applovin accounting close process, and to help ensure that we have the right processes in place to provide timely and accurate financials). If you love to create order out of chaos, we want to speak with you.
What you'll be doing
- Oversee and manage the monthly accounting close process for several of our global subsidiaries.
- Validate Revenue, Deferred Revenues, and Other Key Cost Items.
- Preparation and communication of global close calendars, close progression and acting as the global point person for related inquiries
- Lead the close process with domestic and international Accounting leaders to ensure close deadlines are met and communicating issues to the team accordingly
- Review intercompany transactions and ensure proper elimination during consolidation.
- Work closely with domestic and international teams to resolve any intercompany issues
- Work with international Accounting leaders to ensure compliance with policies as well as develop operational processes which streamline the close process.
- Maintain integrity of global account balances in connection with Management & SEC reporting reviews. Ensure consistent application of account policies
- Work with the various teams to prepare consolidated flux analysis
- Help roll out processes for acquired companies or new entities
- Proactively identify issues and areas for improvement within the global close process and implement process improvements
- Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA strongly preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- 5-7 years of relevant experience, with at least 3 years of Big 4 public accounting firm experience;
- Mix of start-up and public company experience required; IPO experience is a plus
- Disciplined self-starter and team player
- Possesses passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results; action oriented
- Possesses an understanding of the "big picture”, yet Extremely detail oriented.
- Experience managing a team and exceptional aptitude for project management and multitasking
- Strong systems knowledge, including the ability to quickly learn new systems and ability to identify ways to automate processes
- In depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Must have the ability to proactively and creatively approach problem solving in order to execute multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Must have excellent critical thinking and prioritization skills, as well as strong written and oral communications skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships across the organization.
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills; solution oriented individual
- Must have strong organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills
AppLovin is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.