This job might no longer be available.
Game Security Software Engineer
3 months ago
Who We Are:
2K publishes some of the most popular video game franchises on the planet including Mafia, Borderlands, BioShock, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, XCOM, and Sid Meier’s Civilization.
The Core Technology group is responsible for identifying common needs across the company and building solutions for those opportunities. The Security team is responsible for protecting our titles on multiple platforms to ensure a secure, reliable experience for our gamers. We fill our team with individuals who enjoy a challenge, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and want to take ownership and responsibility for products. If you are passionate about working in the game industry and implementing cool features for our game products, come join our team.
What We Need:
- Create documented, testable, scalable, security applications and tools
- Implement security features in game code and back end services
- Mentor engineers and champion security best-practices at studios
- Work with security management and analysts to gather requirements
- Reverse engineer malware intended to compromise our games
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Proficiency in game and server languages: C++ and Java/Golang
- Security concepts: input validation, authentication, authorization, cryptography, data at-rest and transport protection, session management, code obfuscation, etc.
- Comfortable working with: PC, Linux, consoles, Android, iOS, MacOS
- Ability to explain security issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- An attitude of achievement when our partners are successful
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent
- A passion for working in games
- Skilled with unit and automated testing
- Experience with multiple SQL and noSQL databases at scale
- Capable with Perforce and GitHub
- Game console development knowledge