Game Security Engineer
New York City, NY
10 months ago
Rockstar Games is looking for a seasoned developer and security guru to help drive our various software security initiatives. The successful candidate will be committed to keeping our games and services fun for our players through defense against cheaters, hackers, exploiters, and any and all troublemakers. If you consider yourself an expert and champion against hacking, JTAG/jailbreaking, ISO-modding, save modding, trainers, cracking, or any other spoil-making, this may be the job for you.
- Create and innovate new solutions to better secure our products from known vulnerabilities.
- Proactively research unknown vulnerabilities in our products and implement appropriate mitigations.
- Reverse engineer software intended to compromise online gaming environments.
- Research and implement various forms of anti-tamper technologies and/or DRM.
- Follow software SDLC to integrate into the game team’s operations.
- Test cross-platform software solutions to ensure quality.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- 3+ years’ experience on a fluid software development team.
- Strong understanding of reverse engineering concepts and methodologies.
- Strong understanding of game protection technologies.
- Experience implementing core cryptography concepts.
- Experience with various debugging environments: WinDbg, x64dbg, OllyDbg/Immunity Debugger.
- Experience with disassemblers and decompilers: IDA Pro.
- Fluency with the following languages: C, C++, x64 assembly.
- Experience with malware analysis preferred.
- Experience with LUA preferred.