This job might no longer be available.
Game Security Engineer
Stockholm, Sweden Sweden
9 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games Helsinki is looking for a Game Security Engineer to join our growing Anti-Cheat team and work with not only our own titles but a wide variety of games from around the world.
We have over 10 years of experience writing robust software that protects the game instances of millions of players per day. You’ll write code in an extremely unique and fast-paced environment to counteract cheats while minimizing invasiveness. If you are passionate about reverse engineering, computer security, OS internals, anti-debugging or software protection, you are in the right place.
- Apply deep knowledge of operating system internals to detect and prevent the latest cheating techniques
- Reverse engineer cheats and other malicious software
- Actively seek out the next opportunity to make an improvement
- Communicate regularly with game developers to meet their unique needs
- Build a strong overall understanding of our game security systems
- Work closely with anti-cheat data analysts to quickly iterate on new techniques
- 5+ years of experience with C++
- Strong communication skills for working with teams within and outside Epic
- Ability to independently write high quality code
- At least one of the following:
- Strong experience reverse engineering x86 and x86-64 binaries
- Deep knowledge of Windows internals
- Experience exploring game cheats
- Background in reverse engineering malware
- Relevant open source contributions or publications
- Participation in CTF challenges
- General familiarity with databases and message broker systems
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.