This job might no longer be available.
Game Security Data Analyst - FIFA (contract)
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
10 months ago
There are millions of FIFA players generating billions of events every day. We are using the high-volume data streams to detect and anticipate Security threats and issues as soon as they occur. The Game Security Data Analyst will be a key member of the FIFA Security Team. They will be tasked with supporting the Security Data Scientists by ensuring stakeholders are able to receive and understand relevant information in a timely manner that will help keep FIFA safe and secure.
We are looking for a data analyst at the center of the FIFA Security team’s operation. The candidate should be able to adopt a security mindset to predict the adversaries’ moves and ensure the right data is available to detect them.
- Analyze data to support business decisions and security operations
- Develop business intelligence and reporting solutions
- Communicate findings, issues and trade-offs to stakeholders
- Proficiency with SQL and no-SQL databases.
- Ability to think and solve complex data problems in a maintainable and scalable fashion
- Knowledge and experience with data gathering, analysis, and visualization tools
Nice to Have Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in STEM or a relevant discipline
- Familiarity with Big Data tools such as Splunk, Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Familiarity with machine learning and statistical approaches to data analysis
- Exposure to Security in areas such as software security and a good understanding of security data, attack vectors and more
- Experience with Visualization tools and libraries such as Tableau, SAS VA, Matplotlib, etc.
- Experience with AWS ecosystem and tools
- Familiar with games and the gaming industry is a plus
It’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-up-on-end-exhilarating. It’s down-in-the-trenches-challenging. Its stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: Play. We’re EA—we’ve been making games for decades but you wouldn’t know that walking through our studios. We’re still buzzing with the same innovative spirit we began with, though we’ve learned enough to earn our rank as a leading developer, publisher and distributor of the world’s best games. What began as a small group of people determined to “put real life in a box” has become 8,000-people strong, worldwide organization delivering on that very dream.
Whether you’re plotting a course for SpyMouse on your mobile or your palms are sweaty from clutching your controller during intense games of FIFA 20, chances are you’ve played an EA game. And if you haven’t, well, what are you waiting for? In an industry that’s changing every day—whether it’s through new social channels, advancing technology, new audiences or unique opportunities for monetization—EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, we invite you to get to know us better.