Game Release Manager
1 month ago
The Game Release Manager is responsible to optimize the game releases calendar and ensure the timely delivery of all releases with the highest quality possible while giving the largest amount of time possible to deliver the expected content with high quality. Thriving to improve our closing practices and gating processes, the Game Release Manager works with all collaborators to reduce our “time to market”.
- Gather and provide constant and accurate visibility on all future game releases;
- Ensure the delivery of all game releases unless explicitly stated otherwise (ex: marketing demos)
- Maintain the release calendar, steer it and propose optimizations based on the Live Producer, Production Director and Brand Director needs
- Ensure that mid and long term delivery risks are identified, understood, and dealt with in a manner that mitigates risks to release content and schedule
- Take ownership for every release and oversee efficient closing
- Ensure efficient release orchestration with all key stakeholders
- Communicate product release status to the various stakeholders involved
- Ensure documentation timely delivery; (ex: patch notes, known issues, error codes)
- Ensure that releases have passed all required internal and external requirements on all platforms
- Ensure that release specific risks and issues are identified, understood, and dealt with in a manner that mitigates risks to current release scope, quality and schedule
- Define and control the expected level of content quality of every release with Producers, Directors, and Leads.
- Promote and take actions in order to ensure that release closing constantly meets defined quality standards.
- Serve as the prime contact for external partners for all publishing subjects. (ex: product creation, additional content, content structure, meta-data, patch submissions, patching process, remastering)
- Owner of the game’s products structure referential, submission packages, and their 1st party timely configuration
- Actively participate in the recurring assessment and the evolution of the delivery pipeline
- Actively participate in the development of faster delivery methods as to ensure adequate closing
- Proactively gather and share updates on internal and external quality and publishing requirements
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Highly proficient in Jira, Perforce and MS Office suite
- Excellent at multi-tasking with ability to delegate and influence areas needed to deliver objectives - engineering, art, dev, prod, CS, etc.
- Experience with build and release processes for games such as MP, F2P, multi-release titles
- Technical orientation and a strong understanding of software development
- Experience working with database technology
- Exposure to game platform certification processes
- Knowledge of game development process and exposure to working with shipped and live titles
- Familiarity with Build automation pipelines such as Jenkins
- Experienced and excited to work in a live game environment
- Subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Paid life, accidental death & dismemberment, short- and long-term disability insurance
- Paid holidays
- Flexible work schedule
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is one of the world's biggest creators, publishers and distributors of videogames and interactive services. The group has a broad portfolio of internationally renowned brands such as Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon, Just Dance, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Rainbow Six...
Supported by a worldwide network of studios and distribution subsidiaries, the teams at Ubisoft are dedicated to offering players original and unforgettable game experiences on all popular platforms, including consoles, smartphones, tablets and PCs.