This job might no longer be available.
Game QA Senior Tester
16 days ago
Title: Game QA Senior Tester (Functionality Testing)
Hours: Monday – Friday, Contract, Business Hours
Department: Games Quality Assurance (GQA)
Location: Studio role based in Braga, Portugal
All candidates will be working in the studio for the 1st 3 months.
To be one of our Game QA Senior Testers, you should have in-depth knowledge of video game play-through, have a real passion for gaming, experience on all platforms, and a good eye for detail.
This is a truly fantastic opportunity to join a global leader within the gaming industry and work on some of the best AAA titles in the world. You will be home-working initially but need to be available to go to the studio if requested. You will be working within a dedicated team of QA experts for multiple gaming titles. You will help build and drive a comprehensive test strategy that covers testing builds for feedback and quality (at IP standard and IP protection levels).
In this role you will be reporting to our Game QA Project Coordinator / Game QA Project Lead, and will be working closely with several other departments and stakeholders to ensure that the day-to-day development of projects runs smoothly. You will need to be a go-getter that enjoys responsibility who can see things through with an eye for the finer details. You will also be a super-supportive colleague, always knowledgeable and able to help give guidance and offer solutions.
Our global Game QA team perform functionality and compliance checks on a range of yet-to-be-released games for a variety of platforms including PC, Xbox One, PS5, Wii, PS Vita, DS, Switch, VR and various mobile and tablet devices. You would be working on top gaming titles for some of the world's leading AAA publishers.
What you’ll be doing
- Test incomplete versions of the multiple games to detect defects; working directly with team members to ensure the defects are fixed in a timely manner.
- Work together with Leads on setting up test routines and test plans.
- Help establish, maintain and develop aspects of the QA technical standards,
- Creating and planning detailed and well-structured test cases.
- Ensure review and playtest builds are functional.
- Write up and distribute build-notes when required.
- Keep track and follow up warnings, memory reports and performance problems.
- Mentor and support junior (and other) coworkers.
- Work collaboratively with external QA departments and internal QA teams.
- Managing release processes for all platforms including iOS and Android.
- Executing test scenarios with multiple devices.
- Verifying and reporting bugs and preparing documents related to test result.
- Be the point of contact for Project Coordinator enquiries and coordinate test efforts and take on test requests.
- Maintain documentation to transfer knowledge and provide mentorship to newer team members.
- May contribute to minor adjustments of automation scripts and to testing and bug writing/reproducing.
- Continually contribute towards the refinement and improvement of QA methods, procedures and processes
- Reporting on various tasks such as attendance reports, timesheets, etc.
What we’re looking for
- All candidates must be able to work from the studio for the first 3 months,
- Ideally 2-3+ years of experience as a Game QA Tester or having professional Game QA Tester experience with proven ownership of one or more test areas/releases.
- Fluent in English both written and verbal form.
- Ability to create clear and concise reports both in written and verbal form.
- Understanding in game creation and development process.
- Experience working with bug tracking software
- Ability to write and execute test plans
- Experience of working with internal and external test teams
- Experience and passion for games and game engines with a deep knowledge of all platforms
- Eagerness to learn and keep up with QA game trends
- Ability to create strong working relationships with team members
- Ability to coordinate between different feature areas as well as development partners
- Experience providing subject matter knowledge to improve overall quality and processes
- Attention to detail with excellent communication skills.
- A curious mind and a scientific approach to analysis.
Nice to have but not essential
- Advanced technical knowledge of white-box testing, automation, analytics, audio, animation etc, and proficiency with advanced testing tools (internal/external),
- Experience testing through the full development cycle of several products
- Experience in set up and use of 1st-party dev kits, documentation and tools.
- Knowledgeable with certification process and technical standards.
- Experience with Test Automation tools.
- Scripting/coding experience.
- ISTQB certification or equivalent certifications.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Test Rail or other test management tools.
- Experience with Asana or other similar bug and project management tools.
- Experience with QA methodologies and QA life cycle.
Studio Working Criteria
- Candidates must live within 60 minutes of studio.
- Home working may be offered after an initial 3 months of working at the studio.
What we offer:
- You will be working for the pre-eminent global provider of specialist services to the games industry and provided with full training and the opportunity to work on some of the biggest game clients, titles, projects, and tech in the world.
- Attractive remuneration, holidays, regular team competitions with great prizes; and inclusion into an extensive social calendar. Our environments thrive with collaborative team-work with people from all around the world, different nationalities, and languages.
- A supportive community inclusive of LGBTQ+, and any age, ethnicity, religion, or disability. We care about the wellbeing of our employees and have a dedicated employee wellbeing programme. We empower our people and offer regular progression opportunities to ensure our employees flourish.
- Learn as you work and be part of something real that changes the face of gaming - forever.
- Working with a global multi-lingual workforce with superb training and promotion and progression opportunities.
PTW is a boutique games services company that provides custom solutions worldwide. We believe in accelerating innovation across the globe. We started more than 25 years ago and since then, have grown exponentially year-on-year to who we are today. Our history is in gaming, and we are still gamers at heart. In our time within the games industry, we have worked on over 1,500 titles across all genres and all platforms.
We have grown rapidly over the past few years and now have 16 sites spanning the globe. The PTW umbrella of companies includes SIDE, 1518, OR Esports, and Entalize. SIDE works at the cutting edge of interactive media as a provider of audio services for the global entertainment market. 1518 is known industry wide for world-class art and is also our in-house game and product development studio.
Basically, anywhere in the world, any platform, any genre, we can help come up with a custom solution to make games run better, get to market faster, and enhance the lives of more players.
In summary, we connect and bring fun to the world.
Welcome to PTW!
We are also regularly recruiting the following languages: Arabic, Burmese, Bulgarian, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (Australian), English (UK), English (US), Finnish, French (EU), French (Canadian), German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Luxembourgish, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (EU), Portuguese (Brazilian), Romanian, Spanish (Latin), Spanish (EU), Russian, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese for current and future ad-hoc Quality Assurance, Localization, Localization, QA, and Player Support global Operations.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.