3 months ago
We are looking for a Game Programmer to work with our talented and experienced developers. If you have the dedication and skills that we are looking for, this is a unique opportunity to work with some of the world’s best-known IPs such as The Walking Dead and Blade Runner, as well as some other exciting projects that will be publicly announced at a later time.
As a Game Programmer you are responsible for creating new game features. These include anything from implementing UI, tooling and gameplay and bug fixes. You are independent, self-driven and motivated. You will actively look to communicate with other team members and stakeholders.
Game programmers usually work with challenging technical tasks. These include tasks like working with live services, performance optimizations and architecture and live issues with the help of other programmers.
You work independently and do not need frequent supervisor guidance. Working with more senior programmers in the team and actively learning from them is your daily activity.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Working together with team members in creating new functionality and polishing old code base
- Taking responsibility and ownership of the committed code
Specialist skills and competencies
- Strong C# programming skills
- Ability to work with a large existing code base
- Experience in data-driven systems
- Writing high-quality robust code
- Experience in working with a live product and SaaS
General skills and competencies
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Active communicator
- Team player
- Excellent Unity skills
Basic requirements (education, experience)
- +3 years of programming experience
- Worked on a published game, ideally mobile
- Worked on Unity
- Any version control system
- Passionate about making great F2P mobile games
- Ability to take responsibility of your work
- Ability to take feedback and build on it
- Enthusiasm to take part in designs
- Independent and proactive
- Strives in constant personal improvement
We offer you an opportunity to put your skills and knowledge into work with diverse tasks. We value collaboration in our open and inclusive culture and you will get to work with great colleagues from different backgrounds. With us, you will have the opportunity to learn and develop yourself professionally – and have fun while doing it.
Here at Next Games are passionate about our core values – Caring, Curiosity, and Courage – so these should be close to your heart as well.
We aim high, and will ask you to do the same. In exchange, you’ll be part of a team that is great to work with, who is dedicated and passionate about what we do – we believe passion is contagious. Giving each Nextgamer the tools and means to succeed in their job is our priority. We believe the fruits of our labor should be shared with everyone at Next Games. We offer the opportunity to work with a great bunch of passionate and dedicated people, a competitive salary and benefits package, and first and foremost a big challenge.
Does this sound like you? Send your CV, code samples (i.e. GitHub) and cover letter along with your salary request as soon as possible.