Game Programmer - Hyper Casual Mobile Games
12 days ago
Job Title - Game Programmer - Hyper Casual Mobile Games
Reports Into - Head of Programming
Location - Hybrid/Leamington Spa
A Little Bit about Kwalee….
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game developers and publishers, with well over 900 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. We also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
What’s In It For You?
Are You Up To The Challenge?
We are looking for an experienced developer who is comfortable in a team working with Unity and C# along with other industry software such as GitLab, SourceTree, Jira and Jenkins. Your main responsibilities will be developing small vertical slices of games for testing viability, developing updates to our current game library and developing full games for soft launch and release.
Your Team Mates
You will be working closely with a team of experienced developers with a wide range of experience from the games industry. Teams can vary from 3 people up to 10 with designers, artists, programmers and a producer making up the team. We develop in a way very similar to other leading game companies, arming you with very transferable skills.
What Does The Job Actually Involve?
- Deconstructing a design document, splitting it into tasks and putting times on those tasks.
- Using UML to design the code architecture of the game.
- Understanding our core codebase as well as making contributions to our core systems.
- Helping team members solve technical problems with the project or with source tree and git.
- Being an active member of the programming team, looking at ways to help grow as an individual but also as a team.
Your Hard Skills
- At least 2 years of experience in game development with C# and Unity with at least 1 shipped project.
- Strong software architecture skills.
- Some experience developing on mobile with iOS or Android.
- A relevant technical degree qualification.
- Positive attitude, self driven and able to work alone or as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with source control such as SVN, Git or Perforce
- Experience using the Unity profiler is a bonus.
- Experience with shaders is a bonus.
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: - Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth - including Antarctica!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.