Game Programmer (Digital Scapes, Vancouver)
7 days ago
As a Game Programmer at Digital Scapes, soon to be CD PROJEKT RED Vancouver, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, optimizing, and maintaining our technology to create the best multiplatform AAA RPGs. In this position, you will cooperate with designers and with other programmers to build the tech that drives our games.
- Supporting and extending engine and game systems.
- Debugging and bug fixing.
- Working with others to achieve team goals.
- Writing high-quality code and testing it in the game.
- Reviewing other programmers’ code.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in C++.
- Excellent knowledge of C++ coding principles and practices.
- Knowledge of game engine architecture and algorithms.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently when required.
- Excellent communication skills: we have a multilingual and multicultural working environment; the ability to communicate across language and time zone barriers is essential.
- Initiative, drive and creativity to bring your own ideas and solutions to the table.
- Ability to define and meet a schedule.
- Attention to detail.
- An eye for aesthetics.
- Flexibility to respond quickly to changing priorities in an interruptive environment.
- A modern indie style studio with a relaxed atmosphere working on AAA Games.
- A chance to work in a booming industry within an international team.
- Full Health Benefits with an HSA account.
- Work-life balance- Flex hours.
- Office located near Skytrain and bus/bike routes.
- On-site Parking.
- Casual Friday Socials.
Digital Scapes, soon to be CD PROJEKT RED Vancouver, is an ambitious and unique indie-style gaming studio specializing in AAA multiplayer, console and PC gameplay. Located in one of the biggest hubs of the global media industry, Greater Vancouver, we are always open to new challenges and opportunities. Digital Scapes fosters cross-disciplinary collaboration, honest conversations and integrative growth studio-wide. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to push gameplay boundaries, incorporate narrative and unforgettable stories that we are proud of, and reach people worldwide to make an impact.