Game Programmer - DCUO
2 months ago
Dimensional Ink Games is building teams as diverse as our ideas.
- Build out exciting game systems and features to bring our team’s vision to life for our players.
- Collaborate side by side with designers, artists, and engineers, to design, implement, and iterate game systems (e.g. combat, AI, quests, items, etc.) for DCUO!
- Provide important feedback from play tests and work with programming team to implement
Leader in Craft
- Language: Strong C++ programming ability
- Craft: Solid understanding of asynchronous programming techniques and pitfalls
- Critical Thinking: Ability to analyze game designer requests and iterate with designers to deliver implementations that are fun and engaging while still being robust and performant.
- Platforms: Console and PC
- Education: B.S. in computer science or equivalent
- Bonus: Unreal 3 experience (especially using C++), hands on experience implementing game systems for server based multiplayer games, experience playing/developing combat based multiplayer games
- End Result: Master the bridge between design and programming to create a game that is engaging and fun.
- Innovative Ownership: Be an owner, build owners
We know that to succeed means to fail but fail wisely and come back better. Don’t do something just because it’s always been done that way. Be open to learning from all sources and be willing to teach all. Work smart and pursue your craft with passion.
- Empathy: Walk in their shoes
We take the time to see from the perspectives of our team members and our players. We care deeply, behave positively, and communicate candidly. Emotional intelligence allows our team to act with respect and appreciate each another (and ourselves).
- Collaboration: See the best idea, not have the best idea
We are better together than by ourselves, so we know that a great idea can come from anywhere. We are committed to hiring the best-fitting team members who amplify our craftsmanship and inspire us all to grow.
- Honesty/Humility: Integrity matters
We have the self-reflection to hold ourselves accountable and support those who also hold themselves accountable. Be transparent to build trust and a team that is empowered to be bold and authentic. We trust our team members and their feedback.
*Employment Agencies: Please do not contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers*
*We are fully prepared to do remote onboarding and equipment shipments as needed to certain locations for our new hires while we are currently working remotely! *