This job might no longer be available.
7 months ago
Schell Games is a highly talented group of artists, programmers, producers, and game designers led by game industry veteran Jesse Schell. We're the largest full-service education and entertainment game development company in the United States. Since 2002, we've worked with world-class clients and partners to create interactive experiences that engage and inspire players of all ages across all platforms. Presently, we are focused on virtual reality, augmented reality, location-based experiences, and social games.
Do you like to work on innovative projects in a motivating, friendly atmosphere? Would you agree that games can engage and inspire?
If you answered "YES!" to both questions, you might be a fit for our studio!
GAME PRODUCER POSITION
Our production staff works together with the project team to ensure our projects are on time and on budget. We value an iterative process, transparency among team members and clients, and embracing change in any stage of development. Above all else, producers anticipate and clear roadblocks so team members can focus on their craft.
We are seeking a Game Producer who will collaborate closely with project and other discipline directors on teams in order to ensure project goal alignment and facilitate communication with all project stakeholders. While the project director is responsible for the project vision, as the producer, you are responsible for helping the team realize that vision within the constraints of reality. Producers serve the game, serve the team, serve the client, and build strong relationships in order to create the best possible outcome for all involved, always asking “how can I help?”
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Build a good rapport with team members
- Foster healthy, productive team communication, resolving creative conflict constructively
- Advocate on behalf of the team, the client, and studio senior management at all times, understanding how each perspective translates to project goals and constraints
- Be a champion for the constraints of reality, work with the team to make sure the team can execute the project vision on time and in budget
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated team leadership competencies
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Natural inclination towards critical and strategic thinking
- Strong diplomacy and conflict resolution skills
- Experience working with a team to complete something together in service of a shared goal
- Familiarity with team-based project management tools (JIRA experience preferred)
Return to the studio's home page .
Candidate selected for this position will be subject to standard employment verification and criminal background check upon offer of contingent employment.