3 days ago
Job Posting TitleGame Producer
Why Big Fish Games?
Big Fish Games is the home of some of the biggest hit mobile casual games including EverMerge, Gummy Drop!, Cooking Craze, Fairway Solitaire, and many more.
- We are curious and constantly seek improvement in all we do because that’s what our business demands
- We operate with good intentions, confidence, and humility
- We welcome diversity of background, thought, and experience
- We listen actively and value each other
- We foster a fun environment that inspires creativity
OverviewJob Description Summary
Your mission is to work with 1-2 external development teams and help bring out their best work to schedule and quality. You’ll be working closely with our Lead Producer and Product Owner managing project schedules and marshaling Big Fish resources to support game development, testing, release, and live operations. You are a strong communicator, have high emotional IQ and can work with a variety of personalities and cultures. You will be supporting game projects through all aspects of the product life cycle from concept and prototyping through release and supporting the live game.
You will be reporting into the Lead Producer and working closely with the entire New Games team.
What You'll Do
- You'll be the main point of contact for 1-2 developer partners on needs to support game development of the project
- Ability to investigate or solve needs independently
- Game design knowledge of genre/mechanic and competitive set to provide day-to-day feedback, and know when to bring in senior leaders
- Experience working with developer partners in a range of time zones
- Has the organization and influence skills to push back and determine trade-offs
- Understand how to partner with outsourcing production manager
- You'll onboard developer partner team members into needed Big Fish systems
- Knowledge of setting up Confluence, JIRA and strong relationship with IT
- You'll coordinate internal requirements through pre-production with shared and central teams.
- Examples: Readying for limited market test coordinating with marketing, Central Technology integration, data engineering and data science, legal reviews, timelines for finance to complete financial model.
- Experience keeping documentation up-to-date, staying organized and enabling easy access to current project status
- Ability to create backwards looking schedules to feed into the production schedule
- You'll schedule all meetings between BFG and the developer partners. You'll manage status updates between developer partners and Big Fish, set up and lead agenda of status/milestone meetings.
- Strong communication skills knowing when to investigate and escalate
- Organized, strong at meeting agendas and note taking
- Self-starter to follow-up on actions
- You'll work with the developer partners on production schedule and coordinate within the new games division leadership. Involved in building/validating resourcing plan and production schedule to beta.
- Project management skills to audit a production schedule, identifying dependencies and risks
- Can audit resourcing plans
- You'll coordinate materials for production across developer partners, finance, insights, marketing.
- Love being in the details
What We're Looking For
- You have 2-3 years of production or project management on a game project, preferably in the mobile space.
- You have experience with the technical aspects impacting game development and have worked with engineers, art, and design on prior projects.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are very organized and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a creative problem solver and can present options to address game and project issues.
- You are experienced with Microsoft Office Suite and/or other project management tools.
- You have used tools such as Confluence and Jira on your projects.
Benefits And Beyond
Employees constantly rate Big Fish Games highly for its leadership, flexibility, well-being, diversity and inclusion through quarterly surveys.
FLEX-Forward work environment: Customize the when, where, and how you work while delivering goals
Health & More: Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, Teladoc services, employee assistance program (EAP)
Work-Life: Wellness Friday (half-days), paid time off, parental leave, flexible work policy, studio holiday closure (Enjoy the week between Christmas and New Year!)
Wellbeing: Wellness fairs, weekly virtual workout classes, 24/7 access to mental health and wellbeing support, free therapy and counseling sessions for you and your family
Wealth Care: 401k matching, flexible spending account (FSA), employee discounts, employee stock purchase program
Learn & Grow: LinkedIn Learning subscription, mentorship program, career development, individual development plans, educational assistance on job-related professional development
Community & Fun: Company social events, employee impact groups, company swag, volunteer opportunities
About Big Fish
Building upon our 20-year legacy as a leader in the biggest gaming categories in the world, we are innovating and developing new products within the casual space to add to our extensive portfolio. Big Fish is dedicated to delivering amazing experiences for players to connect, compete and discover play, anywhere and on any device. This means games for broad global audiences in genres that are easy to learn, and difficult to master. Be a part of the team from the start.
Big Fish is part of Pixel United, the free-to-play, mobile-first video games business of Aristocrat Leisure Ltd (ASX: ALL)!
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
LocationMontreal (Job Posting)
Time TypeFull time
CompanyBig Fish Games
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.