Game Producer, Universes Beyond (Studio X)
26 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre-defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
As a Game Producer for Magic: The Gathering Universes Beyond's creative organization, you'll be responsible for supporting the needs of our Art Directors, Narrative Designers, and IP partners through scheduling, task management, documentation and more. You'll be a core member of the team that crafts the artistic vision and execution of unique art for upcoming Magic sets, built upon fan-favorite IP's like Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, Warhammer 40k, and more!
The Magic trading card game is home to some of the world’s best fantasy artwork. With Universes Beyond, we get to reimagine beloved pop culture characters and fictional storytelling from across the entire entertainment industry, working in partnership with premier IP brands to build future Magic products. Our work is creative, fun, and fast-paced. Our success depends on a seamless flow of information across a wide range of teams.
What You'll Do:
The day-to-day responsibilities range from keeping the team on track, mitigating potential risks and issues, working closely with IP partners on art reviews, and more.
- Ensure projects are tracking on time and in budget.
- Bring clarity and consensus by generating action items, working towards conclusions, and keeping track of decisions.
- Prepare clear presentations and documentation to onboard, educate, or collaborate with IP partners during vision and art development.
- Lead art handoffs and reviews with partners, engaging closely on behalf Art Directors to track down answers and get clarity on artistic direction.
- Build new Smartsheet templates, dashboards, or other tools that can help the team better track projects.
- Gather project requirements from collaborators, mapping them to a solid plan for the team to deliver on.
- Communicate up, down, and across, helping connect the dots between managers, individual contributors and leadership.
- Coordinate with Product Insights on focus groups, external consultants, and IP Subject Matter Experts.
- Get to know the team members closely; getting in deep with their workflows, ideas, strengths, and motivations
What You’ll Bring:
- 4+ yrs experience as a Producer in a creative development environment.
- A strong eye towards detail, paired with meticulous organization and time-management skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills across a variety of teams.
- An outstanding balance between flexibility, forward-thinking mentality, and a strong orientation towards process.
- Hands-on experience with creative production (print or digital).
- Clear communicator with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Thrives working in a hybrid team of remote and in-person members.
- Excited to work in a diverse, dynamic, and creative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate problems before they happen.
- A love of people and process; experience balancing the human side of work with the need to get things done.
Nice to Have:
- Understanding the fundamentals of visual arts, or experience in painting, drawing, illustration or digital artwork.
- Passion for pop culture characters and fantasy genre of entertainment.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.
$91,200 — $153,240 USD