Pull up a chair and join us! The Hearthstone team is seeking a talented and determined Live Operations Producer to join the development of Blizzard Entertainment’s gaming efforts. If you have a passion for game development and want to participate in the future of Blizzard, we want to hear from you!
This role is responsible for establishing a rapid delivery framework, adapting to player data, and collaborating across departments to deliver epic experiences to our players on a consistent basis.
The ideal Live Ops Producer is organized, possesses exceptional communication skills and excels in project management. You are self-driven, highly-motivated, and able to effectively collaborate across disciplines in order to anticipate production issues and deliver solutions.
- Establish live operations framework for game updates, patches, and service updates
- Work with product managers and data analysts to identify optimization opportunities
- Drive the schedule for title updates, content releases, live events, and offers
- Manage the planning, tasking, and tracking of live operation initiatives
- Proactively alert leadership to potential risks and provide mitigation strategies
- Support live game operations whenever issues occur – 24/7 support & escalation
- Oversee the inflow of live issues, triage and submission process for patches
- Communicate status of live operations and upcoming deployments to the team
- Partner with teams across Blizzard to ensure alignment for game service plans
- Represent the team in publishing, commercial, and platform discussions and planning
- Minimum 3+ years of experience working on live software or services as a producer
- Battle-tested knowledge of software development and project management processes
- Proven record of using analytics to make data-informed decisions for live operations
- Experience facilitating and mediating dependencies across disciplines and departments
- Solid ability to build, track, and maintain complex live operation schedules
- Track record of delivering in a fast-paced live content delivery pipeline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Persistent self-motivation, initiative, and drive
- Be a driver for industry best practices for live operations
- Experience shipping one or more games in a production role
- Experience handling a content pipeline—you understand and are able to facilitate workflows, have a grasp of production costs and timelines, and you are able to communicate all of that to management and the team
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter, which should include:
- What games you are currently playing and excited about
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.