This job might no longer be available.
Game Producer, Live Operations - Overwatch 2
4 days ago
Job Title:Game Producer, Live Operations - Overwatch 2
Soldiers, scientists, adventurers, oddities…producers? The Overwatch team is looking for a new hero to team up as a Game Producer!
Members of the Overwatch team are passionate gamers at heart - driven to make the most fun and compelling experiences for our players. We spend our days collaborating and iterating on everything that goes into the game: from placing health packs to dreaming up the craziest “Play of the Game” animations. Our goal is to always surprise and delight our players. We believe in maximum visibility and communication at the team level and with the people who play our game. This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
Are you the hero that has what it takes to enable the various development disciplines to deliver the best content through our live pipelines? Are you up for taking on the unexpected and assist the Overwatch team and our players around the world? If you’re passionate about what you do and how you do it, we’d love to hear from you!
This is a full-time position at our office in Irvine, California.
- Support and maintain live operations framework for game updates, patches, and service updates
- Drive the schedule for title updates, content releases, live events, and offers
- Manage the planning, tasking, and tracking of live operation initiatives
- Proactively alert leadership to potential risks and provide mitigation strategies
- Support live game operations whenever issues occur – 24/7 support & escalation
- Oversee the inflow of live issues, triage and submission process for patches
- Communicate status of live operations and upcoming deployments to the team
- Partner with teams across Blizzard and across all regions to ensure alignment for game service plans
- Represent the team in publishing, commercial, and platform discussions and planning
- Experience working with engineers and cross-functional game teams.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working as a producer or project manager on a game team.
- Shipped at least one game or multiple large live updates in a production role.
- Good understanding of what it takes to create, track, and maintain schedules, and to drive projects to completion in a timely manner.
- Ability to plan ahead, think creatively, identify issues/roadblocks, and develop plans to prevent or minimize their impact on production.
- Skill to communicate effectively, correctly, and succinctly with key stakeholders and the team at large.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to drive towards clarity; strong collaborative problem solver.
- Knowledge of software development and project management, including agile frameworks.
- Experience with online games
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, or comparable applications
- Passion for Game Development
- Strong familiarity with Overwatch and its recent updates