This job might no longer be available.
Game Producer, Character Cosmetics - Overwatch 2
4 days ago
Job Title:Game Producer, Character Cosmetics - Overwatch 2
Soldiers, scientists, adventurers, oddities…game producers? The Overwatch team, passionate gamers at heart, is looking for a new hero to help us make Overwatch 2 - the globe-spanning sequel to Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed team-based FPS game.
Members of the Overwatch 2 team are driven to make the most fun and compelling experiences for our players. As a Game Producer for Character Cosmetics you will spend your days collaborating with the teams responsible for building amazing cosmetics for Overwatch 2’s diverse cast of Heroes. From development of new cosmetic reward types to the latest over the top D.VA skin. Our goal is to always surprise and delight our players. We believe in maximum visibility and communication at the team level and with the people who play our game. This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made the original Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to the development of Overwatch 2.
Are you the hero that has what it takes to coordinate artists, animators, designers and commercial development of cosmetic rewards for the characters of Overwatch? If you’re passionate about what you do and how you do it, we’d love to hear from you!
This is a full-time position at our office in Irvine, California.
- Drive the development of cosmetic content & technology for Overwatch & Overwatch 2
- Directly manage development for character concept and modeling departments
- Own resource planning for departments, coordinating across multiple projects
- Partner with art and design leads to foster artist growth and build a strong team culture
- Liaison with commercial teams to develop product roadmaps for cosmetic development
- Maintain and communicate department roadmaps, schedules and capacity.
- Help define and communicate dates and deadlines to the team in an effective manner and drive the completion of goals.
- Facilitate and manage healthy communication throughout the team. Champion the team and its members. Foster a culture of open collaboration and trust.
- Identify, communicate, and work to resolve challenges that may prevent our team or our development partners from achieving goals on time.
- Communicate frequently with the production team on status, risks, and opportunities.
- Define and refine processes and workflows throughout the team.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working as a producer or project manager on a game team.
- Shipped at least one game or multiple large live updates in a content production role.
- Demonstrable ability to create, track, and maintain department schedules, and facilitate complicated resource planning across multiple projects.
- Skill to communicate effectively, correctly, and succinctly with key stakeholders.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to drive towards clarity, strong collaborative problem solver.
- Knowledge of software development and project management, including agile frameworks.
- Prior experience in an animation, modeling or technical art related development role.
- Experience with planning and maintaining content development for shop & ecommerce
- Experience with online games
- Expertise with Jira, Confluence, or comparable applications
- BA / BS (or equivalent)