Game Master - German Speaking
17 days ago
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen at Square Enix UK, with the current expansion we are currently looking for a Game Master fluent in German language to provide superior in-game quality of service and support to our online players of FINAL FANTASY XI & XIV, using our in-house communication tools. If you speak German fluently please apply as we are assessing all candidates for the role, with and without experience of playing FFXIV.
This role has 2 available vacancies; a 12 months fixed term contract and a 6 months fixed term contract.
- Answer players’ in-game questions & requests in English and German
- Monitor and moderate official forums
- Translation of texts (from English to German)
- Record and tally up enquiries
European Game Master Manager, European Customer Support Director, C&S Team
Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge and interest in games and IT hardware
- Bilingual in English and German
- Previous Game Master/MMORPG experience
- Experience in call centre or customer service working environment
- French or Japanese language proficiency
Competencies, Skills & Attributes:
- Microsoft Office
- Gaming technology and software
- Interest in Gaming (can be taught).
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written skills)
- Strong sense of customer service
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexible (role is shift based)
- Well organised and able to adhere to set policy & procedures
- Operate efficiently under pressure
Please note that Square Enix does not accept speculative candidate submissions from recruitment agencies.
Our goal at Square Enix is to hire, retain, develop and promote the best talent, regardless of age, gender, race, religious, belief, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Our pledge to D&I
At Square Enix we believe in the importance of being a diverse and global company, and we stand firmly together against any forms of injustice, intolerance, harassment or discrimination. In our effort to create a truly diverse workforce, we pledge to continue to raise awareness in every step of the employee experience, from recruitment to promotions to ensure equal opportunities for all. One of our goals is to champion diversity in games and at work and work together to inspire real change.
Learning and education around D&I will be a key element for us to continue to grow as an organization. With unconscious bias training, D&I workshops and a variety of initiatives to give our employees the opportunity to be heard and be part of that change to achieve real equality. We need all our efforts to continue to build our culture of inclusion and equality.
We are also proud to partner with UKIE's Raise the Game pledge, BAME in Games and Women in Games, to name a few.
Covid-19 remote working
Square Enix are committed to keeping our employees safe. We are listening closely to government guidelines, and this role will be based remotely until the company sees fit to return to the office. This role will be based in our Blackfriars Studio in London, upon return.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.