This job might no longer be available.
Game Intelligence Analyst
San Francisco CA us
7 months ago
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The main and routine tasks of the GIA fall into three categories:
1. Tracking design
- Work closely with the development team to determine telemetric needs of the product and translate these needs into elements that are compatible with the data collection technology
- Follow up on data collection system integration with internal teams
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of the data collection systems as well as data-driven product features
- Develop and implement tools, indicators and dashboards to provide strategic and operational support for productions
- Draft reports and communicate data syntheses by highlighting priority information that is relevant to decision making
- Collaborate with stakeholders (community managers, marketing, monetization, production, technical operations) to support decision making and guide the studio’s strategic actions by providing quantitative logic for possible options
3. Follow-up and ad-hoc analysis
- Research and develop statistical models to explain past player behaviors and forecast future ones
- Analyze, synthesize and interpret product and player data to determine observations and trends and make forecasts
- Develop action plans, work with teams to implement target recommendations and carry out follow ups
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative or related field (statistics, applied mathematics, operations research, business intelligence) or equivalent training or work experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar position or other relevant experience
- Experience in data manipulation (SQL-type queries)
- Experience in Tableau Software an asset
- Extensive knowledge of data analysis tools, software and systems (e.g. SQL Server, R, Python, data visualization)
- Expertise in drafting reports, creating figures and representing statistical data
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work with large-scale databases
- Proactivity, innovation and autonomous
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Ability to reconcile technical and business perspectives
- Ability to develop and maintain good interdepartmental relations and communicate with colleagues at all hierarchical levels
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to manage concurrent projects
- Passionate about video games. Bonus: experience in the video game industry.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Fitness, physical, and esports challenge reimbursements
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after five years of employment
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status and will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is composed of over 17,000 talented people located in 40+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.
To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing studio in San Francisco.
The game intelligence analyst must master applied analytics and data mining, including knowledge of the different theories, techniques and technologies. The incumbent will develop decision-making tools and, more specifically, transform production stakeholder issues into operable quantitative assessments based on title sales and player behaviors.