Game Intelligence Analyst (User Research Lab)
13 days ago
At Ubisoft Montreal’s User Research Lab, we contribute to creating the best gaming experiences by putting players – their behaviours, motivations, and more – at the centre of the design process.
Working hand in hand with production teams, we deliver in-depth player insights to guide decision-making, combining state-of-the-art qualitative and quantitative analysis through a variety of methodologies and data sources to do so.
As a Game Intelligence Analyst within the Lab, you’ll transform in-game data into meaningful insights that inform game creators and benefit our players.
As a trusted advisor of production teams, you’ll take an investigative approach to answer their questions. That means that after getting to the heart of their concerns, you’ll explore techniques to address them: manipulating and analyzing collected data to arrive at conclusions that inspire solutions.
Not only will you share facts and actionable suggestions, but you’ll also provide teams with new – and incredibly useful – information that leads to even more opportunities to deliver enriching experiences to players.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate closely with production team members (game design, gameplay, monetization, etc.) to grasp their game-related needs, framing them into research questions to answer with data.
- Work with other transversal teams with research and data expertise.
- Perform data design, analysis, mining, and source combining to draw observations, trends, and predictions
- Carry out in-depth studies to discover new, valuable insights that support strategy and guide decision-making.
- Translate your findings into visualizations and stories.
- Present results and recommendations + discuss action plans to implement them.
- Act as a project manager to coordinate production efforts and resources for tracking integration.
- Help build and improve data tools in partnership with other service teams.
- Participate in creating new processes and optimizing existing ones.
What you bring
- Experience in analysis approaches that involve assessing structured and unstructured data (or other relevant experience)
- Data literacy skills + experience using Tableau
- Proficiency in SQLand Python programming
- Effective cross-departmental communication: you can interact with all disciplines + break down complex information for various audiences
- Curiosity and creativity that motivate you to discover new possibilities
- A solid understanding of mathematics and statistics
- Knowledge of research processes and methods
- Flexibility in the organization of your work, allowing you to adapt to changes and balance a range of tasks
- A passion for video games (In this role, it’ll go a very very long way.)
Nice to have:
- An understanding of PySpark
- Knowledge of Scrum/Agile methodologies
- Experience in project management
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Alexis (he/him). As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are.We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.