Game Engine Programmer (W/M/NB/D) - NEW PROJECT
9 days ago
As a GAME ENGINE PROGRAMMER you will be in charge of mastering game engine low level mechanisms, data structures and pipelines. You will work on topics such as entities/components/systems, game editor, optimizations, memory management, loadings, object replications and so on.
- Analyzing and understanding team needs to define requested features and engine systems as well as developing and supporting the implementation
- Analyzing existing engine systems to ensure it is fitting the project needs. If not, suggesting improvement to extend or replace it if needed.
- Collaborating with other programmers, designers, artists to establish asset costs & constraints (memory / performances) and cross platforms to ensure good performances
- Analyzing data pipeline to ensure consistency, robustness and performances
- Measuring loading time and ensuring high efficiency by optimizing systems
- Creating and maintaining API legibility and clearing modules split
- Investigating and fixing complex game engine issues and proposing system to improve debugging.
- Producing documentation to share knowledge with technical team member or users
- A first professional experience in C++ programming in the game industry or software development
- Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or engineer
- Solid understanding of modern C/C++, including refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing.
- Experience with game engines such as Unreal, Unity3D, etc…
- Rigor, autonomy and team spirit will be essential
- You are comfortable working with international profiles in English (spoken, written)
- Snowdrop engine experience would be a plus
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
- Remuneration according to profile and experience
- Holiday bonus
- Health insurance paid 50% by the company
- Lunch vouchers & transit pass paid 50% by the company
- 4 free games per year and 8 concert tickets with 40% discount
- Playzone and babyfoot
- Flextime and home office
Play as a team, Race for excellence and Get creative! At Ubisoft Ivory Tower, we are driven by these values every day since 2007, join us to work on our new project as a GAME ENGINE PROGRAMMER (W/M/NB/D).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.