Game Economy Lead
18 days ago
Voodoo is a Tech company that creates and publishes hyper-casual and casual mobile games for a wide audience. It is the worldwide leader in the mobile game market through snackable, innovative and creative content combining data and new technologies.
The company raised $200M in 2018 and we have been certified a Great Place to Work 2020. More recently, Tencent has become a minority stakeholder in Voodoo, with a role in framing our strategy to dominate the Asia Pacific region.
#1 worldwide in mobile game downloads, and regularly at the top of the App Store rankings, our games have about 300 million monthly active users and more than 5 billion downloads since our creation. Voodoo is one of the most impressive examples of hypergrowth in the ecosystem, having multiplied its turnover by 5 over the past few years.
With more than 300 employees around the world, we are hereby inviting you to join an ambitious, innovative and international company!
What is Voodoo’s Culture all about?
We recruit passionate and creative profiles, who combine data and new technologies to disrupt the mobile market. Driven by a test-and-learn culture, we welcome wonderfully talented people wishing to undertake and manage unique, ambitious and challenging projects.
Before applying, you need to know that the company’s Culture is very important to us. Our employees evolve within an environment designed to be a centre for fulfillment. Daily life at Voodoo is characterised by numerous events throughout the year that allow you to feel fully integrated into the team and get involved in creative and innovative projects. Among them: onboarding programs, our annual global summit, other company-wide events, hackathons, game jams, wellness events and more.
What will be your main challenges?
As a Game Economy Lead, you will build and drive the Game economy craft of the Casual games studio, providing all new games and live games with top-quality recommendations and guidance on:
- System and Economy design: Design and map out flexible economy systems and features (progression meta, reward structures, currencies, sinks & sources etc.).
- Performance features and optimisations: Support the product performance team to identify new monetization / engagement drivers and to spot optimisation opportunities, developing these insights into product specs that fit with the overall game economy and systems.
- Pricing strategy: Work closely with the analytics team to come up with pricing strategies for products, items, events and other services.
- Economy simulation: Create game economy simulations / models that can help the game teams to predict the impact of new content and optimisations on the player XP and main KPIs.
- Economy balancing: Implement, tune, and balance game systems based on your simulations, test results and users / teams feedback. Assess the impacts of adding, removing, or updating content on engagement and monetisation metrics.
- Game design: Work closely with game designers to provide your input / recommendations on in-game content, live Ops and other areas of the game.
- Documentation: Write and maintain high-quality documentation that will serve as a reference to guide interdependent teams.
What do we expect?
- Degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent.
- 7+ years experience in F2P titles in a Game Economy or similar positions.
- Team management: We are looking for a hands-on leader that can build and grow a team of talents, pioneering the game economy craft in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Black belt in data analysis and data visualization. SQL skills mandatory. Background as a Data Scientist (skilled with Python / R) is a strong plus.
- Entrepreneurial drive and agile problem solving: You have a track record in driving new projects and initiatives. You have a long-term view on the business, always thinking about new opportunities and challenges.
- Excellent communication skills: You are able to drive discussions on both technical and business topics with product leaders, senior management and other stakeholders across any level of the organization.
What is your team about?
You will report directly to the Head of Product Performance. The Product Performance unit has the mission to:
- Provide the studio with actionable insights to optimize the performance of our new and live titles.
- Identify new product opportunities, working in concert with the Publishing and the Analytics team.
- Support the studio leadership to define and execute the long-term product strategy of the unit.
As a Game Economy Lead you will be heavily involved in all the above areas, having the chance to broadly contribute to the growth of Voodoo Casual from the driver’s seat.
What do we offer for this role?
Competitive salary (of course) ⧫ Bonus ⧫ Free shares ⧫ Remote days⧫ Catered lunch ⧫ Wellness activities ⧫ Hackathon ⧫ Seminars ⧫ Global Summit
The salary will depend on the experience and skills a candidate brings to the position.
The Voodoo Career Path is available for all employees, with management and expert tracks outlining the transparent salary ranges available to all our employees.
What is our recruitment process?
Our recruitment process typically includes a call with our recruitment team, as well as interviews with your future manager and team members focusing on job fit. We will focus on your soft skills through values fit interviews that will determine if your values are compatible with ours. Our CEO is very much involved in the recruitment process, that is why on occasion he will also meet candidates as a last step. Lastly, our test and case studies culture is an integral part of the recruitment process and will feature at some point in your process.
Does this sound like it was written with you in mind? Excellent! Put in your application and let’s discuss the possibilities!