Game Economy Designer
4 months ago
As an Game Economy Designer, you will be responsible for supporting our High Definition (HD) production teams in building and balancing progression systems and their economics for our games.
As a part of the Live Revenues Strategy (LRS) team, you will be responsible for supporting and guiding the development studios to improve the player experience by increasing player retention and engagement. You will also help improve key performance indicators (KPIs), which will increase revenue potential through innovative game mechanics through collaboration with various production teams throughout the development cycle, including live.
- Help HD production teams design and improve their monetization strategy and business model by being the main point of contact for economic design and progressions issues;
- Audit and the business models and progression systems of the HD games portfolio and make recommendations to increase player engagement;
- Ensure follow-up of balancing tests of our economies such as play tests and quality control by providing ad hoc support in collaboration with other support teams;
- Audit economic management tools and operational monitoring processes related to progression and economy issues, and propose appropriate tools and methodologies to help teams optimize their monetization strategy and balancing of their economy;
- Participate in the animation of the Game Economy Designer community and setting up an initiative to promote feedback sharing between colleagues;
- Ensure competitive intelligence and perform benchmark analyses in order to disseminate external trends and best practices in the field within the company;
- Building training modules on economic design for different audiences such as LRS team and production teams.
- Relevant experience as game economy designer, mathematics, finance or related field;
- Understanding of monetization concepts;
- Proficiency in Excel;
- Ability to analyze, challenge the status quo and solve problems;
- Passionate about gaming and gamer experience.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.