Game Economy Designer
8 days ago
As a Game Economy Designer at Ubisoft Abu Dhabi you will be the creative energy behind a balanced gameplay. You will provide players with a balanced, smooth gameplay experience which enriches their experience. You will adjust your design throughout the production process, creating an effective economy from concept to playability to engage players through their gaming experience.
What you’ll do:
- Define the economic foundation for our games.
- Balance core gameplay alongside meta progression loops.
- Define and balance virtual products collaborating with development and live operations teams.
- Identify the potential sale drivers for the different product categories in the game economy.
- Balance the needs for virtual products, their relation, life cycle, and their streams of availability.
- Regularly utilize business intelligence, market research, and user feedback alongside personal expertise and understanding to balance gameplay, meta, and virtual goods during game development and post-release.
- Conduct in-depth study of each feature and compare it to our competitor games to develop a robust understanding of the genre of the game and game mechanics.
What you bring:
- Strong, well-founded intuition regarding the intersection between game and economy balance, player experience, and consistent, long-term engagement and monetization.
- Ability to construct gameplay balance and economy spreadsheets quickly, with interlinked formulae and predictive results intended to minimize trial/error process.
- Strong numerical and gameplay balancing abilities. (Excel wizard)
- Good analytical and reporting skills.
- Experience with balancing and maintaining competitive multiplayer strategy titles is a plus.
- BA / BS degree.
- At least 2 years of experience working on free-to-play games.
Opened in October 2011, Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is one of the first major video game studios based in the UAE capital and is focusing on developing and bringing to market successful mobile games for a worldwide audience.
This position is based in the vibrant expat city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi is a multi-cultural city, based on an island in the Persian Gulf and a 1-hour drive from Dubai. Abu Dhabi offers a vibrant social and forward-thinking cultural lifestyle. It has an array of experiences and events including pristine beaches, Formula 1, Theme Parks, Louvre Museum, a vibrant nightlife and year-round sunshine. Abu Dhabi has also ranked number 1 for the past 4 years in a row as the safest city in the world (Numbeo), providing a great home and standard of living.
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi successfully released two hidden-object / investigation free-to-play mobile titles: CSI: Hidden Crimes™ and NCIS: Hidden Crimes™. With the acquisition in February 2017 of the massive multiplayer free-to-play game Growtopia, the studio works on the title’s live operations. The team keeps focusing its efforts on creating further content for its live games and strengthening its player’s engagement in addition to work on other unannounced projects.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.