Game Economy Designer
18 days ago
Job Title - Game Economy Designer
Reports Into - Head of Casual games
Location - Remote/Anywhere
A Little Bit About Kwalee….
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game developers and publishers, with well over 900 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. We also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
What’s In It For You?
Are You Up To The Challenge?
As a Game Economy Designer, you will be responsible for finding the optimal balance in our games of them being Free to Play but Beneficial to Spend, helping to make sure our game economy is healthy and doesn’t get out of hand over time.
Your Team Mates
As a team of economists, our team knows how to simulate a healthy, vibrant economy. Through their understanding of consumer psychology and behavioural science, they help strike a balance between fun and challenge for all our Kwalee games.
What Does The Job Actually Involve?
- Working closely with designers and the analytics team to develop the right inputs and measurements for evaluating a game's economic patterns.
- Creating models for various interpretations of the game economy and forecasting player behaviours to find the right global maxima approach.
- Collaborate with the Art Leads to find the right information hierarchy and UI conventions to get information across to the user in a tone and style appropriate to each game.
- Working with the analytics department to understand the results of your work and the impact it has on player behaviour.
- From paper to playable you will be able to visualise the desired UX, both in UX tools or in Unity.
- Providing feedback based on your expertise on a wide range of games.
Your Hard Skills
- A minimum of 3 years experience in an economy design or balancing role within gaming.
- Can create models in industry standard tools to model player behaviours and the resultant economic impacts of those.
- Can devise the parameters and measurements for effective AB testing of game economy variations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work creatively in a demanding team environment.
- Absolute passion for playing and making video games, especially mobile games.
- Strong creative ideas and imagination, able to entertain players with challenges, humour, surprises and fun.
- Positive attitude, self-driven and able to work alone or as part of a team.
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: - Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth - including Antarctica!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.