Game Economy Designer [Unannounced Project] (332)
Newcastle upon Tyne England gb
16 days ago
Support the Game Design team by creating balance economical model and systems providing the best possible experience for the players.
- Design sustainable economy systems in line with the game’s long-term vision;
- Keep constant track of any sinks and sources through the life of the game, identify needs and relationships between players progress and economy;
- Define virtual items and their statistics with the Game Design team and project how each of them modifies the game dynamics;
- Ensure balancing economy systems in collaboration with the Game Design team and Monetization Manager;
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm economy systems are well integrated in the core gameplay features;
- Work with the Data Analysts and other relevant team members to analyse the impact of changes in your area and assist with identifying opportunities that will have a positive impact on games economy;
- Collaborate with Game Designers and the Monetization Manager to help identify, design and implement new features and items to improve user conversion, retention and monetization;
- Manage the player journey from first experience through to end game ensuring that the progress is smooth, and the economy is aligned to expected targets along the way;
- Produce clear, effective design documentation according to project standards and develop an understanding of how to make it effective as possible;
- Project how players will behave and using data-driven approach, identify economy bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement.
- Monitor implementation of economy systems and work closely with relevant teams to ensure that systems remain consistent with the current design;
- Aim to combine innovation and knowledge of existing standards to create economy systems which provide the best experience for players and monetization opportunities.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of current design methodologies regarding player acquisition, retention and monetization;
- Understanding how to create player’s motivation levers in the context of a core game loop;
- Strong analytical thinking, skills to identify issues and relations between players perspective and corresponding systems;
- Strong econometrics skills, able to model complex systems and draw qualitative conclusions out of data.
- Strong knowledge of a wide understanding of different business models and key identifiers that lead them to success;
- Great interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good knowledge of a wide range of games across multiple platforms and an understanding of the economy design concepts that are connected to monetization or retention features;
- Excellent time management skills, understanding prioritization based on systems impacts on the game’s economy;
- Good knowledge of Excel and other relevant software i.e. analytics dashboards
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in Game Design or relevant training/experience in Business, economics, statistics or similar;
- 2 years or more experience in economy design, game balancing, monetization or other relevant fields.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.