Game Economy Designer (Hyper Scape)
Montreal QC ca
5 days ago
As a Game Economy Designer at Ubi MTL, you’ll help define the cosmetic content that will drive revenue on Hyper Scape and deliver genuine value to its players.
Building onto your solid knowledge base of the competitive landscape of the Battle Royale genre and its community, you’ll collect and share insights to create new, relevant, and appealing content.
What you’ll do
- Perform market research and competitive analysis + provide qualitative and quantitative data on what cosmetic content is popular.
- Collaborate with the monetization, narrative, game design, community, and content production teams to define a backlog of cosmetic items to implement in the game.
- Stay on top of trends when it comes to cosmetic content sold in free-to-play Battle Royale and action shooter games.
- Create concrete proposals for items that should be developed.
What you bring
- Plenty of experience playing Battle Royales and action shooters: you’re someone that engages with the cosmetics ecosystem in those games
- A passion for free-to-play games that monetize primarily with purely cosmetic items
- A collaborative, innovative, and playful spirit
- Critical thinking, curiosity, resourcefulness, and a whole lot of flexibility
- A general sense for what is considered “cool” by the target audience of current Battle Royale games (Though officially, this is a job opening for a game economy designer, we all know the real title is “Ambassador of Cool.”)
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your experience, education, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Alexis. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment “unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.