Game Economy Designer – social slots
Join WGames team of passionate individuals that have set as a mission to reinvent the way users enjoy social casino games. We work on the leading edge of technology and develop state of the art applications within the Gaming Industry.
The Game Economist is responsible for the overall health of the in-game economy. Working closely with monetization and production teams the candidate will oversee the balancing of inputs and outputs, by creating new models and fine-tuning the economy of the in-game currency all throughout the product cycle. During the product's Live Operations phase, the Game Economy Manager will constantly monitor the economy's performance and adjust it with the intention of maximizing revenue and creating a fun, engaging game experience.
The position is ideally suited for a seasoned game economy designer or game economist with a strong mathematical/statistical background, with a passion for games.
- Taking ownership of the overall in-game economy for our Social casino application (games, meta-features, pricing and promotions)
- Optimize value, pricing usage and distribution of in-game currency through the entire application
- Improve performance KPIs to maximize both engagement and revenue
- Build predictive models and simulations, to proactively forecast changes to economy values
- Run A/B tests to maximize improvement potential
- Reduce or eliminate arbitrage opportunities within the economy
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Master degree in economics, mathematics, or a statistics field
- Proven ability to spot patterns and trends in the data
- Excellent Excel skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Interest in gaming
Preferred Experience Level and Qualifications
- PhD economics
- Previous experience working as an economy designer or gaming economist
- Previous experience with marketing and/or monetization in the games industry
- Personalized meals: Enjoy your breakfast and lunch own personalized meals from our in-house Nutritionist & Chefs. We also have an endless supply of snacks and drinks.
- Health Benefits: Health fully covers our employees, dental and vision care. We have an excellent benefits package and have you covered from day one.
- Video games: Whether having lunch or on a break, we have a designated gaming lounge to keep you entertained.
- Social events: We celebrate almost everything here. Whether it’s your birthday or a holiday, we like to take every opportunity to have some fun and socialize amongst our team.
- Fitness membership and many more perks.