This job might no longer be available.
London, England, United Kingdom
7 months ago
Game Director - Monument Valley 3 - ustwo games - London
We’re looking for a new Game Director to join us and lead a new project team on one of our most renowned titles. You’ll be responsible for leading the creative vision of the project, and providing support, mentoring and guidance to the wider design team. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable track-record as a Creative Lead or Lead Designer on multiple high-profile titles.
Role & responsibilities:
- Vision Direction
- Define a compelling vision for the project that key stakeholders understand: Team, leads, management and board members.
- Responsible for ensuring all team members of the project understand the vision at all times.
- Be able to use both passion and logic to articulate and defend their Creative Vision
- Lead the team decisively in defining, articulating and executing the creative vision
- Team Management
- Line manage leads of discipline on project.
- Engage with team members to ensure their creative voices are heard during development.
- Represent the views of the project team during more senior meetings.
- Do your best to ensure team morale is high during development.
- Ability to work effectively in team sizes o f 8-12 people.
- Commercial Oversight
- Ensure vision and project follow the product strategy for the company.
- Responsible for ensuring vision is within an attainable scope for chosen team and dates.
- Take responsibility for project budget in collaboration with producer.
- Show awareness for commercial appeal of vision and direction.
- Development Prioritisation
- Ensure that development is tackling the right issues to push the vision forward.
- Ability to keep a clear perspective on the successes and failures of the project, and to propose changes to this direction if it’s not working. You will be one step ahead of the team.
- Experience having shipped multiple titles in a lead position.
- Demonstrable track-record of managing and mentoring creative teams.
- Solid understanding of game production design process and methodology.
- An analytical and iterative approach to solving design problems.
- Strong organisational skills and experience of establishing enduring processes.
- Ability to balance the impacts of deadlines and resources with creative and quality requirements.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with executive level staff on a broad range of topics and convey complex ideas to audiences of varying design expertise.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Monument Valley IP.
- Comfortable getting hands-on where necessary in design tasks.
- Experience with the Unity engine.