8 days ago
We are proud to belong to the TOP 1% of all employers in Germany 2021, 2022 & 2023!
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, truly collaborative way of working, and the values we strive to live up to every day. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 300 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
About the role
Behind successful games at Wooga is a synergy of crafts. Leads of Art, Game Design, Engineering, Production, Product Management, Marketing and Writing manage their respective areas to deliver high production value on time and in line with the product vision.
We are now looking for a Game Director, who will in close collaboration with Game and Publishing Leads contribute to Wooga’s vision to become the Player’s Choice for Story-Driven Casual Games. The mission of this role will be to define creative and business strategies to grow one of our market-leading cross-platform mobile games as a business.
In the role of the Game Director, you will align and balance the domain Lead’s efforts behind the product vision. As a result, achieving excellent player experience and desired business results. To reach these goals, the Game Director will build a highly effective Lead’s team, and ensure alignment and support of relevant stakeholders outside of the team. To help the role focus on the big picture, people management of the Leads, such as development in their craft, annual reviews and rewards will be managed by Heads of the respective functions. Game Director will report directly into Executive Management.
Game as Business
- The successful candidate will be responsible for shaping, holding and together with the Leads Team bringing to life the creative and business vision of the game.
- Build financial plans and measure product and team successes against the planned budget and timelines.
- Define strategies to secure the growth of the game on a global scale, expand our players’ community and drive their engagement.
- Identifies and communicates the impact of product decisions, scope adjustments and production risks and their impact on game performance to Management.
- Understands how to build a high performing team to ensure the right people are in the right position at the right time.
- Inspires the Lead’s team with a compelling direction, and connects it to business results, enables it to deliver high and achievable production values, fosters a collaborative mindset and synergies, and solves conflicting priorities.
- Mentors and empowers the team to balance creative and technical requirements with a business perspective, detail orientation with timelines.
- Manages change effectively, can motivate the team to address challenges with solution orientated and growth mindset.
- Supports the success of the game in communicating and detailing all relevant product plans to ensure the involvement and support of the right stakeholders.
- Effectively communicates team and project goals, plans and status to different audiences (e.g. Management, employees, external stakeholders).
- Years of leadership experience with a proven track record of success from a free-to-play/mobile/video game company.
- Strategic thinking, understanding of market trends and player behaviors.
- Analytical and business acumen, experience managing multi-million dollar development and production budgets.
- Experience managing teams, excellent leadership and coaching skills, with the ability to transform business needs into tangible goals and challenges into opportunities.
- Deep understanding of how game crafts uniquely contribute to a compelling final product.
- Self-reflective person, embracing feedback with the desire to learn.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Please note: Research has shown that some under-represented groups in the gaming industry (eg: women) tend to apply only if they meet every single requirement. Here at Wooga, the desire to learn and the willingness to solve problems are more important to us than your experience on paper. We encourage you to apply even if you do not think that you tick all the boxes - thinking outside of such boxes and embracing the diversity of mindsets and backgrounds is what we believe makes our teams thrive.
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts (over 57 nationalities!) working on crafting the world’s best games.
- We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Enjoy the yoga, mindfulness app, sports and transport subsidies. And a Purpose Day to donate your time to a worthy cause!
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We also provide you with a work-from-home budget, which you can invest in a well-functioning home office setup. We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!