14 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
We are currently looking for a talented Game Director for our Berlin studio!The Game Director is the product and business owner of a game. The GD is expected to be intimately familiar with best-in-class product and design philosophies, and able to lead by example “in the trenches”, driving and communicating a clear vision in a highly collaborative environment. A successful GD will rally and motivate a team of artists, engineers, designers; as well as bolster confidence from company executives by consistently delivering positive results.
- Be the single point of accountability for every aspect of your game’s development.
- Own the analysis of game KPI's, UA performance data, user testing, and market trends.
- Convert ideas into communicable and actionable flows and specs: create design documents, wireframes, flows and clear feature documentation and with measurable success criteria.
- Have a masterful ability to balance the needs of the product, game team, studio and company initiatives.
- Actively manage the games P&L with an eye for consistent profit growth and cost reductions.
- Partner with company and studio executives to ensure financial targets are met and exceeded.
- Be on top of industry trends and the competitive landscape to continually evolve our thinking and product standards.
- 5+ years in mobile free to play including 3+ in a leadership role.
- Shipped multiple titles in a creative role with a minimum of 4 mobile projects released.
- Experienced a full production from inception to live-ops of a high-profile f2p casual game.
- Proven skills designing online and social game features.
- Highly proficient in all aspects of game design: from initial concepts to design workflow to feature specs to economy tuning.
- High understanding of player mindsets especially regarding user experience, monetization and playability.
- You are highly analytical, excellent modeling skills, masterful understanding of complex systems, good statistical skills.
- Product Management skills to track the KPIs of the features released and improve them.
- You are a team player, comfortable working with designers and business performance professionals from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Ability to prototype, wireframe and wire flow ideas.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.