Job Title Game Director
Job Category Production, Project Management , Partner Management
Amber is looking for a passionate and experienced Game Director who will lead development teams to translate product vision into high-quality and top grossing games . This is a key role that involves a high level of interaction with project team members across all disciplines , external clients / partners and internal Amber leadership. The Game Director is the vision owner and directly responsible for all aspects of achieving the value for our clients and players everywhere . This position will work closely with the Head of Product Development Solutions , Head of Business Development, Head of Studio, and other cross-functional product teams within Amber to understand and deliver against Amber strategic goals and product initiatives.
- Manage 2 product tracks to success by ensuring the clients vision and customer value are delivered at the highest level of quality
- Work closely with the external client and Head of Product Development to define market and product opportunities;
- Work closely with the internal studio teams for the entire product lifecycle, from initial development through post-launch Live Operations;
- Lead and work collaboratively with Art, Design, Development and QA to create, implement and iterate high quality features and content for your product ;
- Oversee the L iveOps and game service strategy for each product; collaborate with business intelligence (BI) to determine and analyze key success metrics, and rigorously test and optimize for them to achieve revenue goals;
- Work with Publishers , Clients and other external development partners to align on product roadmap, provide visibility and insight into product performance ;
- Work with the team’s creative leadership from concept to implementation, to ensure all designs are aligned to the core product vision;
- Facilitate communication, organization and accountability across all d isciplines to ensure product goals are met;
- Work with Amber Guild leads to identify and resolve all roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent the team from delivering the product on time, at quality and on budget ;
- Motivate and support the development team to ensure that project goals, objectives, milestones and deliverables are achieved;
- Build AAA games via understanding of best in breed analytics, creative, product, talent and organizational structure;
- Attract, develop, inspire and lead high perform ing teams , creating a culture that motivates and retains talent required for product success.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 10 + years’ experience in game production
- Shipped a minimum of 2 free-to-play mobile game s in a production role or multiple console / PC games
- Experience effectively leading development teams (domestic, global, local, external, outsourced )
- Strong analytic skills and experience with metrics driven decision-making
- Experience tracking a complex project and providing support to clear blocking issues
- Technical familiarity with the aspects of F2P mobile content development, service-based client/server tech, and social/virtual economies
- Strong project and people management skills
- Able to work independently, creatively, and track multiple deadlines to success
- Excellent oral/written communication and collaboration skills
- Experience running P&Ls and operating budgets for a game or studio
- Ability to objectively interpret customer/community feedback and make actionable recommendations
- Solid understanding of Live O perations and Games as a Service (GA AS)
- Passion and considerable experience playing games
- Experience with Excel, Word, Powerpoint , Photoshop, and project tracking software like Jira, Slack and Confluence
- Solid understanding of agile production methodologies including Scrum
- Deep knowledge of free-to-play mobile games and systems
- BA/BS Degree preferred
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Adaptability and ability to collaborate and lead a distributed team
- Enjoys an interactive and agile work environment and collaborates well with various work styles
- Creative and sharp business sense with exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage products and teams successfully, while working effectively under deadlines and in complex business environments
- Demonstrates proactive decision making and ownership to drive team accountability
What we offer:
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- Awesome and talented colleagues.
- Support from all your teammates.
- Access to training and learning programs.
Amber is a game development agency built by a collective of artisans residing in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Montreal, Bucharest, Botosani and Guadalajara, which delivers a reference solution for creative work in interactive entertainment. The agency offers a full range of turn-key product development solutions, including concept-to-delivery game production, live operations, co-development and studio services. Amber is structured as a network of studios with different specializations, which retains over 450 staff around the world. Established in 2013, the agency earned the trust of some of most important players in the games space, such Disney, NBC Universal, Paradox, Rovio, That Game Company, and Raw Fury, among many others.
More details at www.amberstudio.com .