Amber is looking for a passionate and experienced Game Director who will lead development teams to translate product vision into high-quality and top grossing games . This is a key role that involves a high level of interaction with project team members across all disciplines , external clients / partners and internal Amber leadership. The Game Director is the vision owner and directly responsible for all aspects of achieving the value for our clients and players everywhere . Right out of the gate you’ll be making an impact on one of our to-be-released game titles with AAA publishers . This position will work closely with the Head of Product Development, Head of Business Development, Head of Studios, and other cross-functional product teams within Amber to understand and deliver against Amber strategic goals and product initiatives.
- Manage 2 product tracks to success by ensuring the clients vision and customer value are delivered at the highest level of quality
- Work closely with the external client and Head of Product Development to define market and product opportunities;
- Work closely with the internal studio teams for the entire product lifecycle, from initial development through post-launch Live Operations;
- Lead and work collaboratively with Art, Design, Development and QA to create, implement and iterate high quality features and content for your product ;
- Oversee the L iveOps and game service strategy for each product; collaborate with business intelligence (BI) to determine and analyze key success metrics, and rigorously test and optimize for them to achieve revenue goals;
- Work with Publishers and other external development partners to align on product roadmap, provide visibility and insight into product performance ;
- Work with the team’s creative leadership from concept to implementation, to ensure all designs are aligned to the core product vision;
- Facilitate communication, organization and accountability across all d isciplines to ensure product goals are met;
- Work with Amber Guild leads to identify and resolve all roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent the team from delivering the product on time, at quality and on budget ;
- Motivate and support the development team to ensure that project goals, objectives, milestones and deliverables are achieved;
- Build AAA games via understanding of best in breed analytics, creative, product, talent and organizational structure;
- Attract, develop, inspire and lead high perform ing teams , creating a culture that motivates and retains talent required for product success.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 10 + years’ experience in game production
- Shipped a minimum of 2 free-to-play mobile game s in a production role or multiple console / PC games
- Experience effectively leading development teams (domestic, global, local, external, outsourced )
- Strong analytic skills and experience with metrics driven decision-making
- Experience tracking a complex project and providing support to clear blocking issues
- Technical familiarity with the aspects of F2P mobile content development, service-based client/server tech, and social/virtual economies
- Strong project and people management skills
- Able to work independently, creatively, and track multiple deadlines to success
- Excellent oral/written communication and collaboration skills
- Experience running P&Ls and operating budgets for a game or studio
- Ability to objectively interpret customer/community feedback and make actionable recommendations
- Solid understanding of Live O perations and Games as a Service (GA AS)
- Passion and considerable experience playing games
- Experience with Excel, Word, Powerpoint , Photoshop, and project tracking software like Jira, Slack and Confluence
- Solid understanding of agile production methodologies including Scrum
- Deep knowledge of free-to-play mobile games and systems
- BA/BS Degree preferred
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Adaptability and ability to collaborate and lead a mildly distributed team
- Enjoys an interactive and agile work environment and collaborates well with various work styles
- Creative and sharp business sense with exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage products and teams successfully, while working effectively under deadlines and in complex business environments
- Demonstrates proactive decision making and ownership to drive team accountability
What we offer:
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- Awesome and talented colleagues.
- Support from all your teammates.
- Access to training and learning programs.