This job might no longer be available.
Game Director [Unannounced project]
15 days ago
Are you interested in working on a new game IP bound to make a splash? Do you have experience from leading design teams and know how to guide them through various design decisions? Then we have a great opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Game Director to join us and play a significant role in directing and shaping game design to meet the creative vision for an ultra-interactive and beautiful world. Our game is built on a brand-new game IP and leverages the potential of Ubisoft Scalar, which truly bring you a new problem space to work within. You will access to virtually unlimited amount of computing power, removing technical constraints, and enabling you to focus on creativity and design for never-before-seen player experiences.
You will be doing:
- Manage, guide, and direct our game design team to create a solid experience for our players
- Develop our culture for game design and communicate strategic intent
- Safeguard the creative vision by auditing and editing design for implementation
- Champion the teams’ designs; verifying they match our creative vision and overall aspiration for the game.
- Use both helicopter and ground perspective to ensure rational gameplay and a coherent player experience.
- Work with our directors and producers to identify relevant production priorities and scope as needed.
We are striving toward increased diversity and want you to grow with us on this journey. We are offering you larger questions to answer and new areas to investigate. Here you will be presented an environment where you feel you can be heard and enthusiastic about your job and the industry at large.
We would love if you:
- Are an experienced manager with a people first and servant leadership mindset.
- Have experience with business-oriented optics, making on-the-fly decisions to prevent a halt.
- Understand the full game dev cycle, what to anticipate and what it means to ship a major game title.
- Have a good understanding all game design areas and can provide particular expertise within at least one of them.
- Know how to guide designers through the design process and how to align and motivate a diverse team under one vision.
- Enjoy problem-solving and understand the importance of clear communication.
Is this the opportunity you were waiting for? We would love to hear from you!
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking and is the key to unlocking our collective potential. We also want to ensure our developers reflect our players, so even if you don’t tick all the boxes above but you have a willingness to learn, we're eager to hear how you can contribute
We’re a distributed workforce with a hybrid setup, and in 2023 our main hideout will be at Fenix Stockholm, a re-imagined modern office block in the inner city district of Hagastaden.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.