This job might no longer be available.
Game Director - Systemic Reaction
17 days ago
Avalanche Studios Group and its division Systemic Reaction is looking for a Game Director for an unannounced project in its very early stages. On a general level as a Game Director you are responsible for the game experience and vision from a creative standpoint and championing it. You will work closely together with the Product Owner, Lead Producer and Product Marketing Manager in the Product Team (PT), to manage and oversee the game’s vision, quality and success. In the PT you hold the ownership and responsibility for all creative aspects of the experience, and champions player value.
On a high level you will interact team-wise mainly with the discipline leads, who will in turn concretize the vision to their respective discipline departments. In the other direction you will interact with Systemic Reaction Management and communicate the progress of the game. You will more regularly interact with the Creative Director in a continuous support context to align on the creative direction of the game as part of the Systemic Reaction portfolio.
Your duties will include:
- Lead conception, pre-production and production in order to fulfill the game vision.
- Act as the creative authority responsible for the overall quality of the shipped product.
- Work together with division Creative Director to ensure that the game is in line with the creative vision of the division as a whole.
- Follow up, maintain and evolve the vision throughout development and live service.
- In milestone planning, scoping exercises, live roadmap, and gate decision making, prioritize features and game content on a high level and/or in collaboration with leads
- Align game development with project vision and quality including: game design and user experience design; narrative design and cinematographic components; visual style and artistic value; animation; audio and special effects.
- Communicate the game experience specifics within the team continuously and to new members to ensure the vision is understood and maintained throughout development and in live.
- Communicate the vision, goals and aims of the experience on a company level to enthuse and inspire confidence in the experience and the product, and keep management informed on progress.
- Communicate the key beats and experience of the game externally to first party-, marketing- or distribution partners as well as press, influencers and the community
- Be responsible to identify synergies across the different division and wider company projects.
- Assist in the production of testing materials and definitions in collaboration with Product Owner, Marketing and/or Publishing Services for Focus Tests, community surveys, User Research testing or live external testing
- Oversee the assessment and action of testing materials and telemetry
The ideal candidate will have:
- 7+ years of experience in a design role, including production work on at least two shipped console or PC games
- Experience working as a mentor, manager, director, lead or similar role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must be able to provide clear direction to design teams and to sell through concepts and executions both visually and verbally to individuals at all levels of the company
- A passion, drive for evangelizing ideas to teams, external parties or communities
- Must be comfortable making changes to work based upon layered feedback.
- Proven ability to work under rapid development cycles.
- Experience working on an open world title
- Experience working on a live service game
- Knowledge of gaming field trends and gaming design requirements and limitations
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role you need to be able to work from within our Stockholm location. We apply a hybrid work model that enables you to work some days from home and some days from the office.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.