Game Development Manager
17 days ago
We are looking for a Game Development Manager interested in joining us in the challenge of building a mission-driven metaverse in support of cultivating opportunities for typically underserved communities. Fluency in Spanish and Latino culture is a huge plus.
If you are a team player with leadership experience, excellent project management and communication skills and are passionate about building interactive worlds with a purpose, this senior position is for you! This is a contract gig with remote work possibility, but if you happened to live in Colorado, we would love for you to join us in studio.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. At Tipping Point, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
- Lead the project life cycle stages for UI/UX Design, Visualization, 3D Production, Development and Programming, Q/A and Testing.
- Be accountable in maintaining a rigorous review and approval process to ensure client and stakeholder decision making process.
- Plan and consistently deliver against project schedules, while facilitating risk mitigation and opportunities for efficiencies across development and production.
- Work closely with project team to ensure that prioritization of tasks are clearly communicated.
- Facilitate and coordinate all communication as a Project lead for Tipping Point team, contractors, client and stakeholders.
- Clearly document weekly progress through meeting agendas and minutes, as well as monthly status reports.
- Stay aware of industry standards, trends and innovations both in terms of methodology and quality, to help team stay ahead of the curve in the evolving possibilities of the metaverse.
Requirements and qualifications
- 5 Years of experience as a Development Manager or Producer in successfully launching Game and/or XR products.
- Experience with developments in Unreal Engine 4/5 a plus.
- Experience with Metaverse development a plus
- Excellent project management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 suite, including SharePoint, Excel, and Teams, as well as Slack.
- Positive attitude with a team-oriented mindset,
- High motivation with a mission-centered group, working to effect change in underserved communities.
- Knowledge of project and production management software tools, including Perforce and proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 suite, including SharePoint, Excel, and Teams, as well as Slack.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English and Spanish)
What is in it for you?
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- This contract opportunity connects you with an exciting and meaningful effort, with some of the most influential change makers in the Latino Community.
- This position can be remote.
- A steady 6-month contract position.
- Templates and processes from our Program/Project Management Office will be provided. We are largely looking for a candidate with game development experience to adopt our PMO processes to this type of Metaverse product.