Guildford England United Kingdom
3 days ago
Fortitude is a new studio based in Guildford, UK, dedicated to building innovative and creative games. By spring-boarding from parent company Mediatonic’s wealth of experience and connections, we’re growing quickly and pouring heart and soul into developing exciting titles that provide players with surprising, polished and high-quality experiences that are able to cut through a crowded marketplace.
We are looking to hire highly-motivated and talented individuals with the passionand skills to deliver premium-quality games from day one, while growing as part of a small team working with original properties and highly-acclaimed IPs to create a world-class games studio.
We are small but so far have a 100% success rate of hiring extremely talented and likeable staff, and we very much wish to keep the perfect record running. We are currently looking for a senior game programmer to join the studio and take on significant responsibilities on one of our titles in development, working directly under our Lead Coder.
- As a Game Programmer at Fortitude you will be responsible for planning and implementing game features and tools as well as helping the production team to bring game concepts to life. You will be passionate about games and understand how to leverage technology to make the “magic” happen. You’ll have a comprehensive understanding of hardware and system limitations, and be prepared to think laterally about how to achieve industry-leading gameplay and visuals. Being part of a multi-discipline team we’ll also expect you to keep abreast of technologies outside your area, and encourage you to share your own expertise and passions with the rest of the team.
- Excellent programming skills in C# and / or C++, with a deep understanding of OOP and coding best practices.
- A portfolio of commercial game titles under your belt.
- Familiarity with game engines like Unity (preferably) or Unreal.
- A strong passion for computer games programming.
- A clear understanding of the particular challenges in game development, such as art workflow, performance optimisations, memory management and supporting multiple platforms.
- Experience using source control systems such as SVN, Git & Perforce.
- Strong maths skills.
- Love making games!
- Experience with mobile SDKs (Android & iOS) and frameworks (e.g. 2DToolkit).
- Understanding of client / server communication and data serialisation.
- Understanding of 2D and 3D animation principles.
- Experience with build scripts and systems i.e. Jenkins, Team City, Ant, Make etc...
- Experience using and scripting common art and 3D software packages (Photoshop, Illustrator, Blender...) is a plus.
In addition to a short, sharp CV we would like to hear a little extra from you.
Please include with your application no more than one A4 page detailing:
1. What attracted you to this role
2. What you believe you can offer that is unique to yourself
We are a small studio in the heart of Guildford working on flagship titles to put Fortitude on the map. Our staff includes multi-BAFTA nominated talent and games expertise spanning more than 10 years. We have a close and highly-developed working relationship with parent company Mediatonic and their extensive network and support, meaning that we are taking on large-scale challenges and growing more rapidly than would otherwise be possible. The advertised role is one of an initial set of key hires, offering an opportunity to have an enormous impact on shaping our ambitious and creative studio.
We look forward to your application!