Game Designer - esports - Beenox
Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
11 days ago
Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world’s top game publishers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty and Crash Bandicoot video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
You could say that video games are in our blood!
esports is gaining rapid momentum and Activision owns suitable franchises for that form of entertainment. Over the years, Beenox has developed an expertise on esports components and will innovate by making competitions even more attractive to spectators and by ensuring their long-term engagement. We have a lot of new ideas to implement and we need people like you to be part of this project. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to this emerging field of expertise!
- Analyze and iterate on the esports systems, make adjustments and ensure their proper functioning;
- Understand and design systems for spectators;
- Integrate in the game engine different concepts related to systems and mechanics;
- Participate in the development of prototypes;
- Write documents explaining the concepts of the systems (in English);
- Ensure good communication of the game’s design and systems within the team;
- Work closely with programmers to guide the development of game mechanics.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a game designer or any relevant experience;
- Passion for video games and esports;
- Strong analysis and mathematical skills;
- Fluency in both French and English;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team;